Sr. Engineer - Lx BSP
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to Wind River Linux Product.
Your contribution in this role will impact the success of Wind River Linux board support package.
The focus of this role is cooperating with semi partner to enable Wind River BSP under Yocto project on semi partner’s target board.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to Wind River Linux BSP Engineering Manager.
You will be an integral part of the Wind River BSP engineering team.
You will collaborate with semi partner, open source developer and Wind River field engineers.
- Integrate/Implement arch specific Linux kernel code, bring up Wind River Linux on the target board
- Develop various Linux device drivers
- Implement multiple Linux kernel features
- Tools development.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Good knowledge on bitbake, Yocto and oe-core
- Strong knowledge/experience on ARM/IA architecture or other architectures like PPC/MIPS;
- Familiar with Shell/Python programming
- Familiar with revision control system git
- Experience with TCP/IP
- Experience with toolchain
- Experience with Scrum or Agile development methods
- Good troubleshooting/debugging skills
- A passion for customer-facing tools, user experience, and user enablement
- Good English communication skills in reading, writing and speaking
- Bachelor degree (or above) of the computer science, electronics or other related majors;
- A self-motivated person with high responsibility
- At least 3 years of Linux Kernel/Device Drivers development experience
- Expert knowledge on embedded Linux operating system;
- Familiar with many kinds of peripherals and buses, such as USB, OTG, SDIO, PCIe, NOR/NAND flash, Ethernet, WIFI, SATA/SAS/RAID, I2C, SPI, Graphics, Audio etc.
- Knowledge or ability to learn IDE toolsets, like Eclipse and Visual Studio
- Knowledge or ability to learn the Application Developer experience and related enablement tools
Benefits & Perks
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Learning Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.