In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an Accounting Manager level individual to join the GL team to focus on China accounting operations, AP, and manage the tax process and initiatives. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include managing a local accounting team in China as well as managing the relationship with our local third-party accounting and tax service providers.
The successful candidate will collaborate with talented accounting professionals located in Alameda and China.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager of Accounting.
- Manage our 3rd party outsourced accountant end to end and responsible for local GAAP and US GAAP compliance, accurate accounting, payroll, AP, related projects for five China entities. Become the local point person between the outsourced accounting firms and US accounting team.
- Manage our 3rd party outsourced corporate tax and compliance team end to end who prepare most of our tax accounting, reporting and compliance. Initial review and management of our federal and state provision, tax filings, use tax, local tax, compliance for China, and VAT.
- Review PRC and GAAP monthly reporting packages and reconciliations prepared by 3rd party outsourced accountants. Review/prepare journals, reconciliations, and flux for the monthly close.
- Manage the five annual statutory audits and liaison with third-party accounting firms and external audit firms.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the cash forecasting.
- Be responsible for upward communication of key issues and financial impact.
- Ensure proper internal controls over financial reporting are in place and consistently followed.
- Mentor and develop local China accounting team members.
- Work with HR, legal, IT and business teams on other special projects to support APAC, as needed.
- Need to be a team player who can communicate effectively with remote individuals as well as the local team.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and mentor team members.
- Team-oriented and flexible.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems and implement process improvements.
- Education: BS/BA degree in Accounting and CPA preferred.
- Work Experience: 5+ years of related accounting experience in both private and public accounting sectors; experience with statutory China compliances and US GAAP.
- Minimum 2 years in a manager role and have direct reports.
- Experience in accounting outsourcing a plus.
- Systems Experience: Oracle experience is preferred.
- Industry Experience: software industry experience a plus.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Learning Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.