Build and Configuration Engineer
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability. Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software-defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to building a delivering the core products that Wind River relies on. Your contribution in this role will impact the success of thousands of people. You will be ultimately responsible for a complex and modern build system for a set of embedded products with well over 1M lines of code.
- Research state-of-the-art C and C++ build systems, design, implement and integrate build and configuration systems into DevOps pipelines.
- Build infrastructure allowing for 3rd party integration points, support the build infrastructure across multiple teams, located in different geos.
- Take responsibility for documenting and assisting various development teams in integrating their code into the build system.
- Investigate and solve a myriad of issues related to Wind River & customer builds & configurations
- Work in a high pace highly collaborative environment in a team that bonds together to get things done
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- 6-10 years of engineering experience
- Experience with very large systems and projects with multiple dependencies, modern build systems for C and C++ code, configuration and build systems such as kconfig, build automation tools such as GNU Make, CMake, Ninja, scripting languages such as Python, Groovy, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, source code management tools like Git, experience with SBOM.
- Experience with containerized build systems and infrastructure.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Comfortable delivering in high fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative, strong team player, able to multitask.
- Open-source contributions for building and configuration technologies for Linux and other environments
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with embedded software development and RTOS development
- Experience with certified software (DO178 or ISO26262) is an asset.
- Experience leading teams or as a scrum master is an asset.
- Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid Work.
- Company-sponsored health, dental, and life insurance.
- Income protection through short and long-term disability coverage.
- Matching RRSP.
- Vacation and various time off policies to encourage work-life balance.
- Well-being programs: Employee assistance program, mental well-being through Unmind.
- Learning benefits: LinkedIn Learning subscription and seminars.
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.