Glassbox Test Engineer
Why Choose Wind River?
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing Glassbox Test Engineer (formerly titled a Whitebox Test Engineer) for a position providing the verification and validation of a cloud-based platform that spans all products.
The successful candidate will help establish a newly formed integrated testing team that supports the delivery of internal and external tools and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry-leading capabilities.
The successful candidate must have experience in software testing for cloud-native software and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must.
In a company with significant growth and the leader in embedded platforms, you will be part of a team verifying and validating the integrated WR Studio Components prior to release. This position requires proven skills in various software test techniques and excellent English oral and written communication skills. The ability to consider multiple cloud-platform systems and their interactions while designing and executing the integration tests is essential. You will likely need to work with a variety of tools, operating systems, and products to assure the quality of our software.
- Create and execute test plans that are specific to a release for multiple integrated components in a cloud-native platform.
- Execute both manual and automated tests as part of verification and validation activities.
- Triage test failure and identify the root cause of the failure where possible with supporting log files or using other techniques.
- Review and analyze product specifications and then formulate test approaches that maximize application test coverage.
- Formulate test approaches to ensure non-functional requirements like performance, scalability, endurance, and security are appropriately validated.
- Request new and updated automated tests and test tools that will support verification and validation activities.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong Experience in a technical quality assurance position.
- 7+ years of Strong Experience developing and maintaining test plans for both front-end and back-end software.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and common MS Office 365 Tools.
- Experience supporting Junior Test Engineers to develop best practices in verification and validation.
- Experience with commonly used third-party tools and providers such as Git, Jenkins, Postman, SoapUI, JMeter, Wireshark, Charles Proxy, or other similar tools is a plus.
- Experience with Jenkins, DevOps, Docker, and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Certifications will be an added plus
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.