Please note this is not an IT position, Systems Administration, Network or Desktop Support opportunity.
This opportunity is focused on supporting our VxWorks RTOS customers.
Wind River Systems has a great opportunity for a Member of Technical Staff in Technical Support. The primary goal of this position is to enable Wind River to support VxWorks RTOS with a focus on VxWorks 653, CERT and Helix Virtualization Platform. The candidate we are seeking must be an excellent communicator with a strong background in the cutting edge technologies in the embedded system industry.
- Support customers who are encountering problems on Wind River’s RTOS and platforms.
- Provide in-depth, highly technical support for Wind River Systems’ operating systems.
- Assist customers in migrating from older technology platforms to Wind River products.
- Communicate effectively with customers to resolve extremely technical issues.
- Communicate effectively with internal departments to help spearhead product innovations and improvements.
- Handle customer and defect escalations.
- Document customer issues and resolutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Develop technical content, articles, and demonstration code for Wind River’s customers.
- Mentor local and global Customer Support Engineers.
- Provide support and training to internal customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in customer facing technical role like support, application engineer, testing etc. in an embedded, Real-Time Operating Systems environment.
- Strong communication and customer service skills (written and oral)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Quick learner
- Strong Experience in the following areas:
- File systems: dosFS, HRFS, TFFS, etc
- Device drivers
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Strong expertise with various processor architectures: PowerPC, ARM, Intel
- Good understanding of networking technology and topologies
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. From planes, trains, automobiles, and even Mars Rovers, to medical devices and industrial robots, Wind River technology is found in more than 2 billion products that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Interested in working for an innovative global software leader that is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems? Wind River has been recognized as a Top Workplace for 6 consecutive years, and we're looking for top talent to contribute to our continued success...join us!