Director Product Management - Dev SecOps
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems, and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
It’s an exciting time to join Wind River in this newly created opportunity where you will have the ability to provide a positive customer impact by enabling our customers to accelerate their digital transformation in an AI-first world. You will have a key role in building our foundation which will include a comprehensive DevSecOps strategy, supporting a modern programming approach so customers can develop and deploy cloud native systems that span from Cloud to Edge
Interface & Collaboration
Reporting to the Vice President, Product, you will work closely with engineering, business development, marketing and support organizations, ensuring that the right products and solutions are brought to market on a timely basis and meet the needs of our current and future customers.
- Understand markets, competition, and user requirements in depth.
- Assessing User Needs: Work with Product Lead and UX team to understand the customer’s needs/concerns, workflow, scenarios and KPI
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver product to market.
- Establish user experience goals, stories, tenets, and requirements that will be used to drive product specifications.
- Feature Prioritization: Drive software feature prioritization alongside Program Management.
- Coordinate our product roadmap alongside our engineering organizations. Champion and gain buy-in for our strategy and roadmap through influencing peers and senior management.
- Drive roadmaps and identify short, medium and long-term features to achieve our vision.
- Metrics/Analytics: Coordinate analytics, alongside marketing/business intelligence, to establish metrics, set targets, and drive product improvements to achieve targets.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Knowledge of both device-centric applications and cloud-based systems.
- Financial modeling and business case development and analysis experience
- Demonstrated competence in gathering market and competitive information and assimilating this into a cohesive portfolio
- Customer interfacing experience at the senior level for both business and technology domains
- Excellent speaking and panel experience with large, technically savvy audiences
- Excellent influence management skills and the ability to establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a multitude of stakeholders
- Ability to manage teams, directly and indirectly across geographies
- Agile leadership and product owner in scrum-based development processes
- Entrepreneurial experience will be a plus
- MBA/Master’s Degree plus a Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with DevOps
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.