Member of Technical Staff-Services
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability. Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software-defined world.
Wind River Systems is seeking a Member of Technical Staff – Certification Center of Excellence our Professional Services Safety Certification team in Bangalore, India. This high-performing engineer will be a critical member of a co-located team generating software and evidence for safety critical systems. You will interact with our highly skilled global teams in North America or Europe on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will have the unique mix of skills:
- Exemplary teaming skills. You’ll work with technical teams providing the certification evidence for projects that will deliver the best in class, safest and highest quality software on the planet. These projects can come from multiple industries such as Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Medical and Automotive verticals and will follow Wind River’s proven processes.
- Knowledge of complex, time critical projects.
- Someone who appreciates the value of efficient processes.
- Understanding of embedded software development using C or C++ programming languages. Having an Engineering degree and coding/programming experience with embedded software will give you the right technical mindset and the ability to help your team. While application level embedded software is good, lower-level embedded software (board support packages, bootloaders, device drivers) is better.
- Past exposure and experience to safety certification standards including DO-178C/ IEC50128/ ISO26262 being highly essential.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality are required. A good working knowledge of various Software Engineering processes and tools will also help you be successful. Should be dynamic: result oriented, highly motivated and should have innovative and implementable ideas.
- Motivated to learn new technologies with the ability to investigate and troubleshoot problems independently.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in software development, verification, and certification in compliance with DO-178C/ CENELEC 50128/ ISO 26262
- Mentors / Trains teams on the design, coding, testing, integration, and documentation of complex safety critical software. Drives needed changes to internal processes and tools for software development to increase productivity and quality.
- Lead project estimation and technical proposal preparation.
- BE/BTech or ME/MTech degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent.
- 10 - 15 years of software development, verification & validation experience
- Strong in C / Embedded C, assembly language
- Strong experience in RTOS, BSP and Device drivers’ verification for various processor architecture including Intel/Arm/PPC
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop test cases based on high level requirements, low level requirements and test strategies possessing knowledge of input test variations.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills.
- Good experience in developing testing automation framework / Test Manager
- Ability to conduct technical training, guide & mentor team members to organization defined processes and standards.
- Strong experience in using LDRA, Polarion, DOORS, Git, Jira, Linux environment.
- Experience in scripting language e.g., Python
- Successfully delivered to NA & EMEA customers
- Experience in real-time operating systems such as VxWorks.
- Experience in near real-time operating systems such as Linux.
- Experience in Hypervisors and Virtual Machines such a Helix Virtualization Platform (HVP).
- Able to identify opportunities for innovation and offer new ideas to improve.
- DO-178C SOI # audit experience.
- Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid Work.
- Medical insurance: Group Medical Insurance coverage.
- Additional shared cost medical benefit in the form of reimbursements.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Vacation and Time off: Employees are eligible for various types of paid time off.
- Additional Time off’s – Birthday, Volunteer Time off, Wedding.
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
- Carrot (Family -forming support)
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.