Senior Cloud/Containers Software Test/Automation Engineer
What You’ll Do:
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing software test/automation engineer for a position testing a cloud-based platform for its Titanium Cloud product. Based out of the Kanata R&D facility, the successful candidate will join a highly skilled test team delivering the world’s first telecom grade cloud platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities. Titanium Cloud is currently deployed with major service providers globally and is undergoing expansion to provide a cloud native platform for containerized applications in addition to supporting virtual machines and bare metal nodes.
The successful candidate must be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. Familiarity with cloud storage solutions and an understanding of networking and networking security are highly desired.
Who You Will Work With:
- The successful candidate will work and collaborate with development and customer facing teams to ensure high levels of product quality.
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Product Management and Development teams to bring a leading edge solution to market on time.
- This position will report to the Test/Automation Manager for Titanium Cloud.
- Test leading edge, high performance and container technologies for the Edge
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, Ceph, etc
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, VM management and fault tolerant/carrier grade end to end system testing.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/)
- Develop automated tests for a highly available, carrier grade platform which will be the platform of choice for 5G vendors
- Investigate and report issues during product verification cycles
- Provide support to documentation and customer-facing teams
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree)
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience in software testing & automation
- Good understanding of network technologies such as switching, routing, firewalls, L2/L3 protocols
- Experience with industry standard networking test tools like IXIA would be an asset
- Experience with Linux environment
- Good programming skills using Python or similar programming languages
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
- Experience with containers and/or cloud based technologies including Kubernetes, OpenStack would be an asset
- Exposure to other languages (SQL, Shell Scripting) would be an asset
- Contribution to the open source community would be an asset
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.