Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River has an opportunity for a Director, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis to build and lead a team through an organizational transformation which will more closely align the contributions of Finance with the strategic imperatives of the Company. Wind River has recently become an independent company through a spinout from Intel Corp. sponsored by TPG, a leading private equity firm. We are seeking a candidate who has broad FP&A experience with a focus on corporate and strategic planning and is passionate about driving business outcomes. Key imperatives for the role include maximization of the business intelligence environment including executive and management dashboards, management and oversight of the ongoing Annual Operating Plan, forecasting, financial modeling, and recruiting and development of the FP&A staff. This Corporate FP&A role will be responsible for driving strategic financial management and decision making including assisting the VP of FP&A on management and Board reporting materials, financial forecasting and modeling for the Board and the Executive team.
Interface & Collaboration
- The successful candidate will have the ability to become involved in strategic projects across the Company including M&A, financing, etc.
- This is a key role in developing enhanced processes and systems across finance and cross functionally.
- This position will report to the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Oversight of the Annual Operating Plan including the refinement of product line P&L’s, ongoing improvement of forecasting process and communication of results to management
- Ability to work with executive management on a strategic level and with business partners on a tactical level to establish meaningful, actionable metrics and to better manage the business and achieve desired outcomes
- Assist the VP of FP&A in building and developing the FP&A team by establishing challenging, attainable, and meaningful objectives and fostering professional growth throughout the Finance organization
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, integrity and understandability of corporate planning, forecasting and reporting
- Support the FP&A team in the delivery of accurate and timely financial close information and related responsibilities
- Assist in leveraging and extending current BI reporting environment and tools to create dynamic dashboards for both financial and KPI metrics
- Apply creative resource planning and astute project management skills within a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment, including development of metrics and KPI’s to measure nascent business lines
- Ability to identify business process improvements, data hierarchy deficiencies, reporting gaps, system limitations with the ability to differentiate between them and appropriately address and resolve the same.
- Experience with complex business models, including multiple-element arrangements and the effect to bookings, invoice, revenue and deferred revenue targets both short and long-term
- Possess the organization maturity and sophistication to navigate and effect change as this culture will be changing.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze and perform root cause analysis on business trends and provide senior leaders with a grounded view of current business trends
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment yet still deliver well thought-out and meaningful work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels in an organization
- 12+ years or more of progressive experience in Financial Planning & Analysis that includes a solid stint in corporate planning and experience in managing and developing high quality teams.
- Strong financial system skills: Oracle, Microsoft Excel, Adaptive Insights, Salesforce.com, Tableau, and Anaplan
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Related Field; MBA preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Pet friendly environment
- Pet Insurance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Management Training
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.