Manager - Cloud Tool Developments
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing manager for a position developing, deploying and migrating to a hybrid cloud-based platform that spans across all of our products.
The successful candidate must have experience leading teams for true cloud-native software development, must have led IT transformations effecting multiple teams of developers in a DevOps environment, and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly coach and mentor individuals. A combination of strong technical and managerial skills is a must.
The successful candidate will manage a highly skilled development team delivering internal and external tools and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities for our customers.
- Support the overall, and lead the local, transformation from traditional ALM tools to full cloud-scale DevOps with HA infrastructure and mechanisms for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery across a hybrid cloud environment
- Managing a team of Developers. The management aspects include: career planning, goal setting, performance assessment, coaching, performance improvement, compensation, conflict resolution, and other people management tasks
- Managing day-to-day delivery, development, test and support activities
- Coordination with other teams across the company to productize and deliver Wind River products to end customers
- Coordination of deliverable specifics and deliverables. Estimate scope and duration in conjunction with the product owners and customers
- Working across other product lines group at Wind River at different locations to coordinate work and integrate those resolutions and capabilities into the end to end engineering infrastructure
- Monitoring and maintaining SLAs and quality of service for engineering and services tools and reporting infrastructure
- Manage and develop existing and new team members
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
- Experience with evaluating emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experience with AWS / Azure, and Kubernetes / Docker, is a must
- Experience leading digital transformations with DevOps tools is a must
- Experience of leading change within organisations, moving to web and cloud based tools
- Demonstrable proof of team and/or scrum leadership for teams developing cloud based tool applications
- Experience managing cloud scale DevOps teams desirable
- Experience coaching and mentoring teams to develop performance
- Prior experience as a software developer is desirable
- Experience with Linux software development
- 3+ years working in cloud software development
- 3+ years of software development management
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree)
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience in software development
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.