Linux – MTS Team Lead
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a talented Linux Lead Engineer, who will join the Professional Services Linux sustaining team at Wind River. Wind River Linux is a commercial Linux operating system based on the Yocto distribution that is used word wide in a variety of industries; Telecom, Industrial, Medical, A&D, etc. Wind River has more than 30 years of experience developing embedded operating systems. Working at Wind River you will be joining an experienced team comprised of Linux kernel, system, and complier experts. Wind River has developed a long-term cooperation with many of the leading silicon companies. As part of your role at Wind River you will work on a variety of Linux releases including the latest Linux releases and leading-edge hardware platforms.
Interface & Collaboration
You will directly support the global field engineering team, premium support team, collaborate with the R&D engineers, and participate in contributing to the open-source communities.
- Manage team to enable a high-performance culture
- Monitor team productivity and manage/assign tasks accordingly.
- Track team metrics reporting progress and issues to management weekly
- Communicate with senior management and Customers regarding any issues encountered presenting options for removing blockages to achieve success
- Manage both internal and external Customer’s expectations on identified issues ensuring deliverables meet expected requirements
- Contribute to resolving escalations and TSRs (Technical Support Requests) from customers under a SLA (Service Level Agreement).
- Fix defects reported by internal and external users.
- Contribute to monitoring and resolving security issues.
- Design and implement software components for Wind River Linux Operating System.
- Integrate open source or independent software vendors' software components.
- Design and implement use cases for various Linux components.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting ability.
- A self-motivated person with high responsibility.
- Linux development and build experience.
- Experience in developing a solution based on the Yocto project will be a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related majors.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- At least 5+ years Linux platform working experience, including kernel, user space, and build systems.
- Developing experience and familiar with language C, python and Shell programming.
- Experience with git is required.
- Have knowledge and experience fixing and patching Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSuse, etc).
- Deep understanding of processor architectures: ARM, PPC, MIPS, and X86, or at least familiar with one of them.
- Good English communication skills in reading, writing and speaking.
Benefits & Perks
- Learning Programs
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Employee Assistance Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.