Field Application Engineer/System Architect - Aerospace & Defense
FIELD APPLICATIONS ENGINEER / SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
Locations: Dallas, TX or Denver, CO
US CITIZENS ONLY
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Interface & Collaboration
Working with the leading provider of integrated embedded software solutions, you will work with the some of the most talented engineers in the Aerospace & Defense industry to draft technical solutions to challenging problems.
As our customers look to gain a competitive advantage in this digital first world, they are looking to companies like Wind River to partner with in their journey. Wind River is answering this call through our delivery of the world’s first Cloud Native Environment that enables developers of intelligent edge devices to transform and optimize their device life cycle from Development to Deployment, to Operations, and Servicing.
Your opportunity is to join as a key member or highly talented and highly motivated field engineering team. You will be responsible for understanding our customers business and technical needs and to work with them in the capacity of technical evangelist and trusted advisor in crafting the next generation Intelligent systems.
- As an experienced system architect in a customer facing role, you will be guiding your customer through their Digital Transformation journey. Responsibilities include understanding their technical needs, architecting technical solutions, and demonstrating them through product presentations, proof of concepts, and evaluations.
- You will engage with customers in a consultative and business led approach striving to help them maximize their business transformation goals through aligning with Wind River’s Intelligent systems.
- You will focus on crafting ideal technical solutions and business strategy that is win-win for customers and Wind River.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- This position requires experience with Cloud Native technologies including Kubernetes, containers, microservices, etc., and a good understanding of AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with DevSecOps development methodologies including deep understanding of tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker etc..
- Strong C/C++ development, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills exhibited through technical presentations, white boarding, qualification.
- Embedded software development and system architecture experience (e.g. RTOS, Linux, etc.) is a plus.
- Familiarity with safety standards, networking fundamentals, and cyber security standards is a plus.
- Familiarity with other languages such as Ada/Java/Python/Rust/Perl is a plus.
Some amount of travel will be required
- BSCS or BSEE is required
- 5+ years of embedded software development or solutions architecting
- Security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.