Senior Member of Technical Staff - Linux Engineering
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to Wind River Customer Success Organization.
Your contribution in this role will impact the success of Wind River Linux Operation System business and the satisfaction of Wind River global customers with Wind River Linux Operation System. The focus of this role is to provide technical consulting services based on Wind River Linux and particularly to investigate and fix different kinds of critical issues related to Wind River Linux System.
- Work as a technical leader to lead a team to support multiple projects.
- Evaluate different requirements raised by customers and propose corresponding technical solutions.
- Mentored juniper engineers to resolve challenging technical issues.
- Resolve issues requested from customers with the focus on Linux system, kernel, and BSP drivers.
- Design and implement customer’s specific requirements based on Linux operating system.
- Provide customers with security shield service on Linux operating system.
- Integrate open source or independent software vendors' software components into Wind River Linux system.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Good leadership ability and great communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of Linux system, Linux kernel as well as drivers.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability in Linux kernel and Linux system.
- Good knowledge of one more ARM, x86, MIPS, and PowerPC processor architecture.
- Good knowledge of GNU development toolchain, especially gcc for cross-compilation and linking and gdb for debugging.
- Good knowledge and understanding of common Open-Source software development practices.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- BS/MS in CS or related majors.
- 10+ years of Linux Kernel and drivers’ experience.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills in English.
- Fast learner, adaptable to new computational environments, and able to take over tasks.
- Flexibility in working with colleagues across different time zones minimizing inquiry response time lag.
- Team worker, being able to work in a group, share tasks, complete tasks, and work on multiple tasks in parallel.
- Proven ability to work across many technology areas, act proactively, and own a problem.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Learning Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.