Director, Product Management - DevSecOps
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability. Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software-defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Wind River Studio Product Management team is responsible for product vision, strategy, and roadmap to deliver customer value and industry leading experiences. It is the innovation hub for the corporation ensuring Wind River is delivering cutting edge solutions and products in changing economy and technology environment.
As the Director of Product Management for Wind River Studio, your leadership is pivotal in realizing the best market strategy and solutions for winning customers and growing business, with special focus on the automotive market. This role combines hands-on leadership with a start-up mentality. Success is realized through customer engagements, competitive analysis and industry thought leadership generating a common vision and solutions trusted by internal teams, external partners, and customers.
At Wind River, we pride ourselves as a customer obsessed company. We are super passionate about delivering end-to-end solutions to our customers not anecdotal products. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Product Management, this exciting role will oversee the following key responsibilities:
- Lead customer engagements at an executive level to understand customer pain points, gaps, and digital transformation goals.
- Validate this understanding through a combination of past experiences, market trends research and feedback from field sales, product, marketing, and partners.
- Translate this knowledge into tangible customer solutions and products.
- Size the product roadmap opportunities for prioritization (TAM/SAM/SOM).
- Shape up the product roadmap through alignment, prioritization and approval of new trends and solutions in collaboration with internal teams including product, engineering, sales, alliances, and executive leadership.
- Evangelize and communicate product vision, strategy, capabilities and roadmap at customer engagements, webinars, sales, and other stakeholder enablement activities.
- Define the high-level solution architecture for the approved solutions and back it with business case evaluation determining the path forward. That is: internal development, partnership, acquisition, or a combination.
- Hire, lead, and mentor a team of product managers to effectively analyze market and customer opportunity and trends to define and prioritize requirements with focus on driving customer outcomes.
- Assess and communicate state of business on a periodic basis to the stakeholders and leverage data and fact driven approach towards driving decisions.
- Lead internal cross-disciplinary teams and external partners/stakeholders for product incubation and development.
- Assist with the GTM strategy for new solutions/products to achieve scaling including packaging, pricing, marketing, and customer delivery.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to sales during customer engagements positioning Wind River to win.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success& Qualifications
- Possess both the business and technical subject matter expertise that enables you to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with system engineers, software developers, and IT architects.
- Experience with products, platforms, and technologies for DevSecOps, IoT/Edge, Security, Cloud, Agile Development and OTA.
- Knowledge of Secure Engineering principles and best practices to guide engineering teams towards building software solutions that are secure by design and secure by default.
- Embedded safety, security, certification knowledge and expertise are highly desirable in Automotive market.
- Entrepreneur inspired by new technologies, outside the box thinker, willing to wear many hats and get hands dirty to drive results.
- Deep understanding of customer business issues, challenges, strategic direction as well as the partner ecosystem relevant to industry solutions and local markets.
- Highly capable of performing market analysis and modeling, spotting new trends, translating business requirements into product requirements, architecture and solutioning.
- Must be capable of assessing current innovation and competitive landscape and be able to differentiate the Wind River products and solutions.
- Skilled in prioritizing, creating order and marshalling resources towards achieving a common goal across highly matrixed organization.
- Strong leader, able to cultivate relationships with senior management and across functional teams.
- Great at storytelling and executive communications, capable of driving clarity, creating energy, and delivering success.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, MBA a plus. Bachelor’s degree with suitable experience.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Named Top Workplace for the 8th year in a row.
- Wind River’s commitment to DEIB
- Flexible Time Off policy
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Learning Programs
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.