Senior Account Manager
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River is seeking a driven, self-motivated individual with a proven history of sales success, to proactively create demand for Wind River solutions. This individual will be enabling continued customer success in an already established customer base of Major Accounts in the Aerospace & Defense marketplace.
Interface & Collaboration
- Work as a member of a team that consists of: Sales VP, other Account Managers, Field Applications Engineer, Product Specialists, Inside Sales Representatives and Solution Architects
- Work with Field Engineers, vertical market representatives and various WR resources to demonstrate how Wind River solutions will address the needs of the customer
- Engage with the senior level decision makers and become a trusted advisor to named accounts by establishing and developing business relationships based on a commitment to quality of Wind River solutions
- Meet with and listen to the needs of prospective customers to understand their current and future technical requirement
- Build, manage and execute on the sales strategy for strategic and named A&D accounts.
- Coordinate demonstrations, seminars, etc. to present the value proposition of using Wind River solutions to the customer
- Prepare written proposals articulating our solutions. Close business on a quarterly basis that reflects at least 100% of the assigned quarterly goal
- Direct the effort of the Customer Support Organization to work with the customer after the sale to make sure that they are using our products to the maximum benefit
- Provide accurate and factual information regarding customer product feedback to Wind River Marketing and Engineering
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of our competitor products
- Convey an image of Wind River as a customer-centric, total solutions company
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Demonstrated success using a consultative, solutions oriented sales approach
- Track record of success achieving or exceeding assigned quota
- Demonstrated success establishing and cultivating business relationships with ‘C’ level executives, preferably in the A&D market
- BSEE or BSCE preferred but not required, MBA
- Approximately 10 years technology sales experience in the software arena, preferably selling into the Aerospace & Defense marketplace
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Pet Friendly Environment
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday & Volunteer Time Off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness Program
- Management Training
Wind River is an equal opportunity employer.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.