Business Development Representative
Preferred Location - Ismaning, Germany
Possible Location - Germany - Home Office
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The BDR is responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities for the inside and field sales teams to pursue. As a BDR you will generate demand via inbound and outbound calls, email and other digital strategies into assigned accounts and territories. The BDR qualifies prospects, uncovers business challenges and develops qualified leads for Wind River’s account teams.
Reporting to the Director of Sales Development, the BDR is often the first contact for many Wind River prospects via inbound and outbound calls.
The BDR will work closely with Field and Inside Sales Reps to build and execute outbound prospecting strategies that are tailored to the account/vertical/territory needs. The BDR will also work cross functionally with the Marketing team to provide feedback on marketing campaigns and asset effectiveness.
- Generate pipeline for the sales organization
- Qualify marketing qualified leads (MQLs) against established criteria before passing to inside reps, field reps or channel partners as Sales Qualified Leads
- Execute outbound sales campaigns to qualify and establish meetings for inside and outside account managers.
- Track and manage prospecting, qualifying and nurturing activities in CRM and other sales tools
- Reach and have meaningful, productive conversations with prospects and customers to create Wind River awareness and establish meetings
Core Competencies, Demonstrated Success & Qualifications
- 3+ years of success generating leads and qualifying potential customers in a B2B software selling environment
- Track record of success in a performance and metrics driven role
- Must possess a fearless attitude paired with abundant optimism
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical solutions to customers
- A self-starter with proven success cold-calling at multiple executive levels within an organization
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent sales work experience for a technology company in the software industry (preferred)
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.