Sr. Engineer - Technical Support
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
- The team you will represent is pivotal to Customer Success Organization
- Your contribution in this role will impact the success of Customer Support Team
- The focus of this role is assisting Wind River cloud solutions customers in successfully working and developing with the help of WR Studio Platform.
Interface & Collaboration
- You will be an integral part of the CSO-RO group
- You will collaborate with Engineering and Professional Services
- Assist customers with technical issues, including configuration and product usability
- Gather required information and triage customer issues
- Log analysis and root cause identification
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all customers
- Manage numerous customer issues simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Document customer issues and resolution accurately and thoroughly
- Develop technical content, articles, and use-cases for on-line support site
- Provide input and liaise with various internal groups regarding the product: Engineering, Documentation, Education Services, Product Verification, Professional Services, Sales, etc.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Demonstrated knowledge in virtualization, Docker, containers, Kubernetes;
- Experience with cloud platforms such AWS and/or Azure;
- Experience collaborating effectively across remote teams and time zones;
- Experience with GIT/GitLab, Jenkins, Jira;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent experience;
- OpenStack, and cloud computing;
- Linux platform working experience including kernel and user space
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral & written), and presentation skills;
- Excellent debug and troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent ability to handle a large volume of issues and prioritize accordingly;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, sometimes fast paced, customer facing environment
- BS/BA, BSCS/BSEE preferred, plus minimum 3 years of related experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a customer facing, support role;
- Experience in virtualization and cloud computing;
- Functional networking knowledge: network stack, switching, routing, etc.
- Self-motivated, independent, and comfortable working directly with customers;
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Private life, health and travel insurance
- Flexible working hours
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.