Linux Network Administrator
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
Engineers at Star Lab/Wind River are driven by a desire to protect mission-critical and safety-critical systems. They pride themselves on being innovative and customer-focused. The work is challenging and highly technical, but it is also rewarding, enjoyable, and often leads to new learning experiences.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for individuals who are serious about supporting a software development company. You will receive a great deal of autonomy and flexibility. Individuals selected for employment can work at any of Star Lab's four locations.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to the Star Lab CTO. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Developers, and Star Lab senior leaders.
- Provide ongoing support (i.e. auditing, documentation updates, firewall rules, external compliance, etc.) for maintaining compliance with various government data protection requirements (i.e. NIST 800-171 and the Cyber Security Maturity Model)
- Leverage knowledge of Linux and network administration, common information technology services, and cloud computing to maintain service availability across four+ locations in the U.S.
- Lead efforts to establish and maintain a robust infrastructure for the development, testing, and deployment of Linux kernel and hypervisor tool suite that protects mission-critical and safety-critical systems from cyber and reverse engineering threats
- Collaborate with the product developers, quality assurance personnel, and customer integration teams, including coordination with their continuous integration/continuous deployment processes
- Provide desktop support for a Mac / Linux environment as required
- Maintain company website powered by Wordpress (With a devOps workflow); support the publishing of web content, e.g., press releases, that increase company’s online presence to potential customers
- Use independent judgment and discretion to anticipate needs of teammates in a way that facilitates improved organization, communication, and optimal functioning of the company
- Linux and/or BSD system administration including common services (i.e. dhcp, dhns, nfs, OpenVPN, Snort, Squid, etc.)
- Experience installing, configuring, updating and troubleshooting services for developers and staff such as GitLab, GitHub, Docker, Vagrant, AWS, Sharepoint, etc.
- Superior knowledge of networking (including implementation, troubleshooting, firewalls, VPNs, access control lists, etc.)
- Familiarity with network information security practices (cryptography, end-point protection, firewall configuration, VPN configuration, etc.)
- Experienced with administering and auditing an Office 365 enclave
- Experience with implementing, deploying, and maintaining SIEM toolkits for auditing, and reporting (i.e. ELK, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting centralized policies / management systems for MacOS
- Excellent scripting (Bash/Python/Perl/Etc.)
- Teach teammates “how to fish” while advising on technical issues
- Skilled at problem-solving with a desire to learn and take on responsibilities
- Strong technical writing skills
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Self-starter, disciplined, and selfless. We are a small team and we all help each other.
- Tenacious problem solver
- Team player—good personality fit. This is a support role, needs to be a team player and ability to communicate well, interact with team and other departments
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4thSoft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Open Source Fridays
- Brownbag Learning Opportunities – Lunch provided
This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.