Industry Solutions Leader - Industrial Solutions
INDUSTRY SOLUTIONS LEADER - Industrial
Location: Dallas, TX, US, Home Office
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers looking to build Mission Critical Intelligent Systems that conform to exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability.
For almost 40 years, Wind River has been the leading provider of embedded operating systems to the world’s leading developers of mission critical infrastructure. Our customers include top Global 1000 companies across industries: Aerospace and Defense, Telecommunications, Industrial Controls and Robotics, Automotive, and Medical. Our VxWorks RTOS, Linux and Helix Virtualization Platform power 2 billion plus devices worldwide. Our Edge Cloud Platform, Analytics and Automation products are the industry first and the only 5G open-source solutions commercially deployed across 1000s of nodes of tier one wireless operators. Wind River Studio is enabling our customers across industries to build intelligent systems using cloud native development tools and processes to transform and optimize their device life cycle across Development, Deployment, Operations and Servicing. In the Industrial segment, Wind River Studio is enabling our partners and customers to drive the transformation towards software defined manufacturing by enabling them to build networks of connected devices, cloud native DevSecOps, Digital Twins, Simulation, AIML based analytics, E2E automation, security and safety capabilities across factory Edge and cloud-based systems and workflows.
Wind River regularly wins industry recognition for excellence in IoT security, cloud, and edge computing. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. We are ranked as “Top Workplace” for 8 consecutive years. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion, and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Wind River Industry Solutions team is part of Wind River product organization. It is the innovation hub for the corporation ensuring Wind River is delivering cutting edge solutions and products in changing economy and technology environment.
As the Senior Director – Industrial Solutions, your leadership is pivotal in realizing the best market strategy and solutions for winning customers and growing business. This role combines hands-on leadership with a start-up mentality. Success is realized through customer engagements, competitive analysis and industry thought leadership generating a common vision and solutions trusted by internal teams, external partners, and customers.
At Wind River, we pride ourselves as a customer obsessed company. We are super passionate about delivering end-to-end solutions to our customers not anecdotal products. Reporting directly to the Senior Director – Industry Solutions, this exciting role will oversee the following key responsibilities:
- Lead customer engagements at an executive level to understand customer pain points, gaps, and digital transformation goals
- Validate this understanding through a combination of deep industry research and feedback from field sales, product, marketing, and partners
- Translate this knowledge into new industry trends, tangible customer solutions and products
- Size the opportunities for prioritization (TAM/SAM/SOM)
- Shape up the product roadmap through alignment, prioritization and approval of new trends and solutions in collaboration with internal teams including product, engineering, sales, alliances, and executive leadership
- Define the high-level solution architecture for the approved solutions and back it with business case evaluation determining the path forward. That is: internal development, partnership, acquisition, or a combination
- Lead internal cross-disciplinary teams and external partners/stakeholders for product incubation and development
- Create and execute GTM strategy for new solutions/products to achieve scaling including packaging, pricing, marketing, and customer delivery
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to sales during customer RXs positioning Wind River to win
Core Competencies, Demonstrated Success & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience leading digitization & transformation of traditional manufacturing into software driven, customizable and adaptive manufacturing
- Adept with Industry 4.0 and smart factory concepts and implementations converting physical things into services generating continuous data enabling remote control, hands-off performance management and predictive maintenance
- Experience with products and platforms for IoT, Edge Cloud, Wireless Connectivity, AIML based Data Analytics and Security. Industry 4.0 and smart factory safety, security, certification knowledge and expertise are highly desirable
- Capable of harnessing Insights collected from the network of connected devices into new revenue streams and value-add services improving employee productivity, factory capacity utilization and production output
- Active connections in manufacturing, IoT, Energy and Robotics with leading SW/HW development companies, suppliers, and integrators are desirable
- Possess both the business and technical subject matter expertise that enables to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with industrial engineers, software developers, and IT architects
- Entrepreneur inspired by new technologies, outside the box thinker beyond industry/manufacturing, willing to wear many hats and get hands dirty to drive results
- Deep understanding of customer business issues, challenges, strategic direction as well as the partner ecosystem relevant to industry solutions and local markets
- Highly capable of performing industry analysis and modeling, spotting new trends, translating business requirements into product requirements, architecture and solutioning
- Skilled in prioritizing, creating order and marshalling resources towards achieving a common goal across highly matrixed organization
- Strong leader, able to cultivate relationships with senior management and across functional teams
- Great at storytelling and executive communications, capable of driving clarity, creating energy, and delivering success
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, MBA a plus. Bachelor’s degree with suitable experience
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.