What you’ll do:
In this entry level role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our world-leading embedded Linux solution, Wind River Linux
You will have the opportunity to….
Build platforms, tools and ingredients that enable our customers to build varied products ranging from 4G base stations to aircraft control to set-top boxes to medical devices to industrial monitoring and control.
Who You Will Work With:
You will be working in a fast paced environment with dedicated and highly talented engineers who are responsible for the evolution of the Linux products at Wind River. You will also work closely with engineering teams, Product Marketing, Project Managers and customers. You must have the skills needed to elicit, understand and analyze customer requirements, propose architecture and high-level design, and participate in technical discussions involving strategy and product evolution.
- Developing, debugging, and maintaining embedded Linux software
- Tasks will span from user-space modules to kernel drivers to container manager to productivity tools and test automation
- Assignments will range from fixing customer-reported defects to developing new product features around cloud solutions or virtualization or the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Bachelors, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Projects/internship in areas of Operating systems, computer architecture and/or embedded
- Strong C programming skills
- Knowledge of debugging tools and techniques
- Knowledge of data protocols (such as TCP/UDP/IP/IPV6, etc.)
- Linux kernel and Linux distribution knowledge
- Must possess good written and verbal skills in the English language
- Excellent team player
- Experience with open source projects
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. From planes, trains, automobiles, and even Mars Rovers, to medical devices and industrial robots, Wind River technology is found in more than 2 billion products that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Interested in working for an innovative global software leader that is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems? Wind River has been recognized as a Top Workplace for 6 consecutive years, and we're looking for top talent to contribute to our continued success...join us!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.