Senior Member of Technical Staff - Services
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to help the world’s leading technology companies power mission-critical intelligent systems. Our software is enabling the new machine economy and accelerating digital transformation across industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a talented Embedded Software Expert and Architect, who will be responsible for performing system architecture, design, and implementation of embedded software, BSP’s, device drivers, middleware for a variety of products developed by Wind River Services for our services customers.
- Presales support for customer opportunities, including requirement development, technical discussion with customer and effort estimation. Balance risk, effort, customer budget to provide feasible technical solutions to customer.
- Works with local and global Project Managers to develop work proposals for customer.
- Act as technical lead to deliver projects on time, on budget and meet desired quality.
- Work with 3rd party partners to leverage partner’s solution and ecosystem.
- At least 10+ years embedded OS experiences with strong Linux/Vxworks knowledge from kernel side to user space.
- Experience of platform software design & architecture.
- Understanding how Semi-conductor vendor, hardware supplier and OS vendor collaborate each other.
- Platform Software (OS/BSP) development experience on multiple embedded processor types (x86, ARM, etc.).
- Solid understanding of virtualization technology.
- Intensive Knowledge on C, and assembly languages (X86, ARM, PowerPC).
- Experience with contributing and collaboration with open-source communities will be a plus.
- Experience with Docker container and Kubernetes will be a plus.
- Experience in developing a solution based on the Yocto project will be a plus.
Interpersonal / Communication
- Having Strong technical leadership.
- Proven customer facing skills.
- Business level English communication skills in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Fast learner
- Up to 10% of travel
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Learning Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.