Technical Support Engineer ( Tier 1) – Wind River Cloud Platform
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your expertise and knowledge of networking, telecom, and cloud services technologies to provide technical support for Communications Service Providers and other customers utilizing the Wind River Cloud Platform. In a dynamic, customer facing environment, you will partner with customers as they deploy and operate their solutions on the Wind River cloud infrastructure. Primary functions will include Technical Support, Software Upgrades and Patching, and recovering systems during full or partial outages on a live carrier network. Role will be the primary interface into our customers and be the driver of customer facing SLA’s. A commitment to quality and a belief in building true partnerships with carrier-grade customers will be crucial for success in this role.
Interface & Collaboration
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers and technicians at all levels, including management layers, across multiple product lines. Wind River Engineering and Technical Support works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania and beyond.
- Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding and providing for our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- Global Technical Support for the Wind River Cloud Platform ( will involve rotating shifts and or pager duty)
- Primary owners of service SLA’s
- Software Upgrades and Patching
- Emergency Recovery for outages reported by customers
- Customer advocate
- Continuous learning
- BS/BA, BSCS/BSEE degree preferred, can off-set with relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a customer facing, direct support role
- Expertise or working experience in virtualization and cloud computing
- Expertise or working experience in container/Kubernetes technologies
- Experience working with large CSP’s (Communications Service Providers) a plus
- Exposure to SDN, Network Function Virtualization
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing etc.
- Fundamental wireless/cellular/telecom knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, sometimes fast paced, customer facing environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Onsite Fitness room
- Discounted onsite yoga classes
- Optional enrollment in the Group RRSP plan
- Organic fruits and veggies delivered twice a week
- Bagel’s every Wednesday
- Stocked fridges with free drinks
- Discounted onsite massages every Wednesday
- Walking trails around the golf course
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.