Senior Field Application Engineer
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to act as the technical point people and product specialists to close deals and create demand for Wind River solutions. This person holds and understands the market, project and application of our customers, and promotes the adoption of Wind River products and services in the area of products/technology.
Report directly to Director, Field Engineering.
You will be an integral part of the Field Engineering Organization in Japan.
You will collaborate with Account Managers who act as a hunter role with a focus on net new logo acquisition.
- Introduce products, gives product demonstration and consults for customers.
- Cooperate with other departments to solve promotional problems.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Motivated to expand the business by utilizing technical knowledge and ability.
- Motivated to sell new products unflinchingly.
- Have a positive attitude to acquire new technology/product knowledge.
- Understand customers' projects and applications, and make proposals based on them.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to meet audience needs.
- Ability to communicate and influence key stakeholders at all levels of organization, cross functionally.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects while maintaining sharp attention to details.
- Experience in field applications engineering for embedded CPU / Linux / middleware and/or Cloud infrastructure building is preferred.
- Linux background covering deployment, image build, application and kernel development.
- Expertise in Virtualization, Containers, and Cloud native technologies will be a plus.
- Strong DevSecOps knowledge around pipeline management, understanding of SaaS offering will be given high priority.
- Native Level of Japanese.
- Good command of English (TOEIC 750+).
- Working experience with overseas departments is a plus.
- BS/BA Degree, MBA a plus.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Insurance
- Group life and Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Summer Vacation
- Special Leave
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Training Subsidies
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.