Customer Success Manager
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River has an opportunity for a Customer Success Manager with experience in proactive complex customer management. The role includes forming relationships across strategic customers, onboarding customers to support and future needs planning, driving progress and follow up until completion. The candidate should possess software expertise with exposure to communication service providers and their suppliers. The ideal candidate has business background coupled with technical expertise along with proven influence management skills. This person must be able to influence both internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, this person will lead quarterly business reviews with focus across previous performance, continuous improvement and strategic alignment.
- Act as a liaison between Wind River and the customer. Work strategically with CSP to ensure support aspects are routed/escalated and transitioned per contractual agreements. Work closely with Technical Support, Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Professional Services to ensure the customer’s needs are progressed within the contract terms.
- Act as liaison between customer and all other departments within Wind River.
- Provide status updates across all activities within the customer.
- Single focal point for customer escalation management, mitigation and resolution
- Executive level presentation skills necessary to engage within the customer and withing Wind River.
- Work with Sales, Services and Support to ensure successful early engagement, follow on to paid for work with customer acceptance is achieved.
- Organize and drive the Wind River team for all aspects tied to quarterly business reviews with the customer.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Proven ability to engage working level and executive levels of the customer
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and other departments within Wind River.
- Self-motivated, independent and comfortable working directly with technical customers.
- Experience with platform virtualization software would be preferred.
- Familiarity with the Open Source Community is preferred.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related major, MBA preferred.
- 3 years of customer support experience with at least 7 years in the software industry including experience in customer engagement/support and software platform delivery and integration
- 8 years of experience in telecoms, CSPs and/or TEMs
- At least 3 years of customer management experience with a proven track record supporting large fortune 500 companies.
- Business experience including contract exposure, business process optimization
- At least 2 years of project management experience.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Native level of Japanese.
- Good command of written and spoken English (TOEIC 800+ preferred).
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Insurance
- Group life and Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Summer Vacation
- Special Leave
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Training Subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.