Sr. Engineer - VxWorks
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to deep and broad technical competence.
Your contribution in this role will impact the success of our team and company.
The focus of this role is to be able to design and development of well tested products specifically relating to the architecture, device drivers, and board supporting packages for VxWorks.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to the VxWorks Hardware Enablement Team Manager.
You will be an integral part of the VxWorks Hardware Enablement Team.
You will collaborate with professional Vxworks team members.
- Developing high-performance low-level software including architecture port, device drivers and board supporting packages for VxWorks
- Developing and reviewing software requirements, designs, and unit test plans
- Implementing your designs with high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Debugging and troubleshooting your code
- Resolving problems reported from both internal and external customers
- Improving the teams’ effectiveness by reviewing deliverables from other team members
Your level of responsibility will be shaped by your abilities, drive, and ambition. Our expectation is that you will become an actively contributing member of the VxWorks hardware enablement team from day one.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Successful track record of estimation and delivery of projects on time
- Solid decision making skills and judgment – can be depended upon to meet goals, foresee and avert problems
- High level of self-motivation and requires minimal supervision
- Should be a hands-on type of person with the initiative to dive in and do whatever is necessary to get the task completed
- Experience with open source is recommended
- BA in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent programming skills using C languages. experience with understanding / programming assembly is desirable
- Solid knowledge of typical software tools and processes as well as “best known practice” of software design and debugging
- Hands-on experience implementing architecture port, device drivers and board supporting packages
- Hands-on experience dealing with embedded processors such as Freescale, Cavium, NetLogic, ARM, TI, Intel and associated OS and SDK
- Knowledge of any modern computer architecture like PPC/MIPS/ARM/IA, any peripherals like serial/timer/interrupt controller/Ethernet/DMA/PCIe/SATA/SD/MMC/CAN, and any modern operating systems like Linux/BSD/VxWorks
- Experience developing high performance and/or multi-core applications an asset
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem-solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire and ability to master new technology, including software, and hardware.
- Strong and effective written/verbal communication skills in Chinese, and ability to understand and communicate in English
Benefits & Perks
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Learning Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.