Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
What you’ll do
Utilizing your extensive experience around Cloud, Kubernetes, StarlingX, OpenStack and open source leadership, you will have the opportunity to architect the Wind River Cloud product with a focus on security, kubernetes and networking.
Who You Will Work With:
- Product Line Managers, Engineering Project Managers, developers and other architects to plan ongoing future development
- Product Line Managers, Sales and customer architects to determine software requirements
- Significant opportunity to engage with and contribute to various open source communities.
- Design of overall security architecture and security features for Wind River Cloud
- Design of and work in the Kubernetes community upstream, with a focus on Networking and performance features
- Oversees integration of Cloud features, design of new features, scoping of work, defining approaches with colleagues and upstream communities.
- Resident expert on assigned domains, architecting and designing new features as needed
- Works with other architects to define technical roadmap for WR Cloud Platform
- Contributes to the open source community with the aim of advancing the community. StarlingX, OpenStack and Kubernetes are communities with which you will have visibility and contributions
- Researches, designs, and writes specifications and methodologies in cooperation with other architects
- Works closely with Product Line Manager and Engineering Project Manager and other architects to plan ongoing feature development
- Works with Product Line Management, Sales, and customer architects to determine software requirements. Direct customer engagement and travel will be possible.
- Generates outward facing whitepapers, blogs, presentations and talks at conferences.
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments
- Assists in project management decisions
- Mentors more junior developers in technology, industry best practices, procedures, and concepts
- Significant experience in a senior technical / architect role, extensive experience in Cloud software development
- Significant experience working with and participating in Open Source Communities and working effectively in an open-source development environment. Exposure to OpenStack, Kubernetes and/or StarlingX would be desirable.
- Experience driving architectural software directions from a system viewpoint
- Significant experience with python, go and other languages.
- Knowledge of components of open source apps such as Kubernetes, OpenStack, Linux tools and services, and telemetry tools.
- Familiarity with Agile development and Dev Ops a significant asset
- Strong cloud software development experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Comfortable working in a distributed development environment with regular business travel
- Proven ability to work across many technology areas, act proactively and own a problem
- Able to enthusiastically work, interact with and educate diverse groups such as sales, marketing, business development, partners, support, etc.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Onsite Fitness room
- Discounted onsite yoga classes
- Optional enrollment in our Group RRSP plan
- Organic fruits and veggies twice a week
- Bagels every Wednesday
- Stocked fridges with free drinks
- Discounted onsite massages every Wednesday
- Walking trails around the golf courses
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.