Cloud Security Technical Lead
Locations: Ottawa, ON or remote
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Why Choose Wind River?
Within the Wind River Cloud team, we have the opportunity to work with large-scale projects like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack and fast-paced Open Source technologies that are in high demand from our customers. Wind River Cloud has adopted these technologies into the core of our product, which is driving us to find experienced and high-performing individuals that can learn and contribute to these container and virtualization solutions. In addition, Wind River Cloud is a leading contributor to the Open Source StarlingX project, to manage and maintain the critical infrastructure for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, Industrial Automation and Augmented Reality. Wind River contributes and builds upon the work within StarlingX to ensure it meets the demands of these critical applications. We have a spot for you!
What You’ll Do
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced cloud security developer for the Wind River Cloud team. As the industry is moving intelligence to the Edge, this introduces challenges to protect the Edge from vulnerability attacks. The successful candidate will be responsible for securing the intelligent Edge, joining a highly skilled development and QA team in a fast paced agile environment.
- Propose and implement best practices in Linux security, including PKI solutions and X.509 certificate management
- Implement secure Kubernetes clusters through the use of TLS and API authentication & authorization
- Research, propose and implement best practices for container security and isolation.
- Integrate multiple authentication backends with the Kubernetes cluster to meet varying customer needs.
- Implement secure inter-node communications to protect highly critical distributed systems.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, etc.
- Work as part of a team building the platform of choice for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Industrial Automation and Augmented Reality.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience in software development.
- Excellent programming skills using Python, Go and C/C++.
- Experience with Linux security – including PKI and certificate management solutions.
- Experience with IPSec and network traffic encryption.
- Knowledge of common security practices for servers
- Knowledge of industry standard security compliance and penetration testing
- Experience with Kubernetes security is highly desired.
- Experience with Linux software development.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Experience with evaluating emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- Exposure to other languages (Ansible, Puppet, SQL, Shell Scripting) would be an asset.
- Contribution to the open source community would be an asset.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.