Linux Senior Engineer, Custom Content Management
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Professional Services has been helping clients implement great innovations, increase ROI and reduce time to market for more than 30 years. For any technical or business challenge, our Professional Services team offers a valuable blend of skills, contacts, knowledge, intellectual property, flexible resources, design processes, and a CMMI level 3 project management methodology, globally, across a wide range of industry.
Wind River has an excellent opportunity for an embedded software engineer to work on cutting edge development projects in Galati, Romania. Your contributions in the role will play a critical part in our worldwide Professional Services team supporting customers across the globe. The team you will represent is pivotal to Wind River Professional Services Organization. Your contribution in this role will impact the success of Wind River Linux Operation System business and the satisfaction of Wind River global customers with Wind River Linux Operation System. The focus of this role is to provide technical consulting service based on Wind River Linux and particularly to investigate and fix critical issues related to Wind River Linux System for specific customers.
Interface & Collaboration
Working in an open, transparent spirit, where partnership & trust are embedded in our culture and critical to success within our entire organization, the Senior Engineer will Report directly to a local manager. You will be an integral part of the CCM (Custom Content Management) team collaborating with Linux Product Engineering and CSO (Customer Support Organization) team to provide technical support customers.
- Resolve Technical Support Requests from customers with the focus on Linux kernel and BSP drivers;
- Design and implement customer’s specific requirement based on Wind River Linux Operating System;
- Provide customers with security shield service on Wind River Linux;
- Integrate open source or independent software vendors' software components into Wind River Linux System.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Excellent skills to resolve issues through post-mortem analysis of core dumps, kernel crash and kernel lockup.
- Core competencies must include one or more of the following: scheduler, memory management, time system, interrupt system, and locking mechanism, file system, networking, virtualization and kinds of drivers, such as NIC, USB, PCIe, i2c etc.
- Good knowledge of one of ARM, x86, MIPS and PowerPC processor architecture
- Strong practical C experience in a cross-compilation environment
- Profound knowledge of Operating Systems concepts and Linux kernel internal
- Knowledge of GNU development toolchain, especially gcc for cross-compilation and linking and gdb for debugging
- Knowledge and understanding of common Open Source software development practices
- BS/MS in CS or related majors
- 3+ years of Linux Kernel and drivers’ experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skill in English
- Results oriented
- Fast learner, adaptable in new computational environments, able to take over tasks
- Flexibility in working with colleagues across different time zones minimizing inquiry response time lag
- Team worker, being able to work in a group, share tasks, complete tasks, and work on multiple tasks in parallel
- Proven ability to work across many technology areas, act proactively and own a problem
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Private life, health and travel insurance
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.