Director, Sales Enablement
Director, Sales Enablement
Location: Alameda, CA
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
What you’ll do:
As Director, Sales Enablement, you will be responsible for managing the design, development and deployment of sales process, sales training, product education, and sales skills enablement programs that drive elite sales performance within Wind River’s global sales organization.
In this role, you’ll discover and drive performance improvements across the sales organization and build the foundation for us to scale. You’ll lead activities including implementing new technologies and tools, content creation, process redesign and playbook creation.
You’ll be accountable for:
- Development and ongoing ownership of world-class sales on-boarding program to train and enable sales personnel in their roles, minimizing ramp time and maximizing sales productivity
- Continuous development, learning and education of the sales team
- Selection, acquisition and implementation of learning management system to provide the right materials, at the right time, to global sales
- Certification of sales and presales team in articulating the Wind River story, sales methodologies and techniques, and product portfolio
- Partnering with key functions including sales, marketing, market segment, and product teams to ensure that Wind River has the best and most-appropriate content to position us to win at every stage of the sales cycle
You will work with:
- You’ll partner with a number of other functions and roles in order to succeed in the position, including field sales, sales engineering and presales, sales leadership, sales and business development (SDR/BDR), HR, product management, sales operations, and our industry experts / market segment teams.
What are the requirements?
- This role will require ruthless prioritization and data driven decision making to ensure our teams are working against the right goals and have the tools needed to achieve them.
- Ultimate accountability for ensuring that the sales team has the functional sales skill, product and service portfolio knowledge, and access to sales assets (at the right time, for the right forum) in order to minimize onboarding time, and maximize sales productivity
- Liaise with and coordinate across product management, market segment and marketing teams to ensure that the right content is being produced, for the right forums, at the right time, at every point in the sales cycle, such that our win rates increase, and we’re best positioned to capture market share and achieve our growth ambition
- Development and ongoing management of sales onboarding and continuous education programs, including certification programs for global sales and field engineering teams
- Manage and reinforce our sales methodology and sales processes to understand and improve the skills, knowledge, process and tools that are required to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in the sales cycle
- Map our sales process with our customers’ buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process and tools are required by our sales force to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes
- Partner with the channel and alliances team to ensure that sufficient, appropriate and well-targeted sales collateral is available and consumable at every stage of the sales cycle, to ensure that we maximize the value and sales productivity of our indirect sales channels
- Create and maintain a sales training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies across the entire global sales team – BDRs, presales, field engineering, market segments, field sales, and sales leadership. Ensure timely deployment and certification, leveraging in-person and on-line forums and assets
- Lead cross-functional team to determine most appropriate sales content at every stage of the sales cycle, and ensure that the content has relevance and high impact in solving our customers’ problems. The Wind River sales philosophy: We sell solutions to problems vs. push product. Determine / acquire best learning, enablement, and certification platform, ensuring that the right sales assets are available at the right time, and easily obtained.
- Ensure that any and all sales content, in addition to being easily sourced and organized, is well articulated in support of our corporate business and sales strategy. It will contain the fundamentals of differentiation in the field, for example with differentiated value propositions, compelling use cases and customer case studies, analyst ratings, and battle-cards when competing against known and expected competitors
Defining your impact:
As Director, Sales Enablement, your overarching impact will be to improve the rate of success for the sales team, improve the overall productivity of the sales team, shorten the time to ‘full productivity’ and effectiveness for newly hired sales personnel, and improve the overall level of engagement across the sales team. Specific, quantitative measures will be jointly agreed upon your hire, but will include metrics such as:
- Global sales team performance relative to goal for the fiscal year
- Sales team productivity, defined as the number or percentage of sales personnel achieving or exceeding quota in the year
- Driving an improvement in our win / loss % rate
- Improving our average deal size
- Improving the time to achieve full ramp / become a fully productive member of the sales team
- % of sales team trained & certified in core / strategic products and / or key sales methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or sales related field, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 7+ years in sales leadership, leading sales organizations, and/or like levels of experience in a sales enablement role within a high growth B2B organization
- Strong understanding of sales process design and related outcomes
- Demonstrable experience in developing and/or delivering sales tools and enablement plans
- Experience implementing successful sales process/methodology/sales playbook initiatives
- Experience in sales training and enablement
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with product, marketing and finance teams, to produce quantifiable impact
- Strong strategic organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-starter; well-equipped to manage cross-functional teams
- Critical thinking and change management within dynamic organizations skills
Why Choose Wind River?
Have you been on an airplane or used a cell phone recently? Chances are you didn’t even realize that Wind River’s products are making it happen. How about a trip to Mars? This is second time around for Wind River. Interested in joining the world leader in Embedded Operating Systems driving the leading edge of technology enablement? We have a spot for you.
In addition to working on amazing technologies, we offer opportunities to grow your career how you see it, with lots of opportunities to shine. Want to work on the systems that will be in the next jet (commercial or defense), autonomous car, AI robotics, or space craft? Want the opportunity to be challenged and grow professionally? Then join Wind River today!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.