Software Engineer - Helix Virtualization Platform
What you’ll do
You will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills in the development of Wind River’s safe and secure products. Wind River’s customers rely on our platforms to meet the highest standards for running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure. You will be responsible for creating, automating and executing coding assets and test cases for software and platforms supported by the organization. You must be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on our technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment.
Who You Will Work With:
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers at all levels and across our multiple product lines, as well as exposure through management up to the VP of overall Engineering. Wind River Engineering works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania, and beyond.
- Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- Junior to mid-level opportunity, working in collaboration with the senior and technical leads. Participating in cross-organizational work groups.
- Interfacing with FAEs and Product Management on requirements and use ability of our core products.
- Create new code and troubleshoot existing code
- Provide work estimates and analyze solutions and architectures
- Document, reproduce, and resolve defects
- Write, develop and review test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
- Perform both self-review of results/artifacts and peer review of preparation and execution documents assuring thorough coverage
- Automate test cases and execution of both manual and automated tests
- Collaborate with other members of the development team, QA team, architects and product managers
- Recent graduate with your Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong programming skills with a variety of languages including C, Assembly, and Python
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts with the ability to learn new technologies
- Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent debugging skills
- Excellent team and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of Embedded operating systems
- Familiar with virtualization and containerization
- Knowledge of ARM and x86 architectures
- Prior experience in software development and testing preferably in a technology focused company
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. From planes, trains, automobiles, and even Mars Rovers, to medical devices and industrial robots, Wind River technology is found in more than 2 billion products that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Interested in working for an innovative global software leader that is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems? Wind River has been recognized as a Top Workplace for 6 consecutive years, and we're looking for top talent to contribute to our continued success...join us!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.