Member of Technical Staff - Technical Support
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced Customer Support Engineer to provide Tier 2 technical and product support to Communication Service Providers and other customers utilizing Wind River’s Carrier Grade Titanium Cloud and Cloud Platform for containerized applications.
Working in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-facing environment, you will assist customers resolve their technical and product related issues within required SLAs.
Interface & Collaboration
You will be working closely with internal Tier 1 and Tier 3 organizations to assist with Carrier issues and escalations, and provide input related to product issues experienced in the field by customers.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support in alignment with customer requirements and SLAs
- Assist Tier 1 Support team as required
- Technical escalation point for Tier 1 Critical and Emergency Issues
- Interface into Tier 3 organization (Engineering) for product and customer field issues
- Software Upgrades and Patching
- Demand may require off-hour shifts to adhere to customer maintenance windows
- Support and maintenance of customer lab environments
- Provide technical support for previous releases of Titanium Cloud Product
- Document customer issues and resolution accurately and thoroughly
- Develop technical content, articles, and use-cases for on-line support site
- Provide input and liaise with various internal groups regarding the product: Engineering, Documentation, Education Services, Product Verification, Professional Services, Sales, etc.
- Mentor local and global Customer Support Engineers
- Requires 24x7 emergency on-call rotation
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Demonstrated knowledge in virtualization, containers (Kubernetes), OpenStack, and cloud computing
- Experience working with large CSPs
- Experience working in a dynamic, high pressure customer facing role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral & written), and presentation skills
- Excellent debug and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- BS/BA, BSCS/BSEE preferred, plus minimum 5 years of related experience
- Exposure to SDN, Network Function Virtualization
- Fundamental telecom knowledge
- Functional networking knowledge: network stack, switching, routing, etc.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Onsite Fitness room
- Discounted onsite yoga classes
- Optional enrollment in our Group RRSP plan
- Organic fruits and veggies twice a week
- Bagels every Wednesday
- Stocked fridges with free drinks
- Discounted onsite massages every Wednesday
- Walking trails around the golf courses
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.