Senior Corporate Counsel
Wind River is looking for a top-rate attorney to join its Worldwide Sales Legal Team. This position will be based in Alameda, CA. Our legal department is looking for legal innovators who are energetic, smart and business-minded on the professional front, and genuinely good with people on the personal front.
What You'll Do
- You will draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of complex commercial agreements.
- You will assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- You will stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- You will bring a high-level of intellectual curiosity and professionalism combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to the legal team.
- You will work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other legal department members.
- You will be responsible for counseling the businesses on a broad range of import and export-related regulatory and commercial matters, including on emerging and cutting edge areas of international trade law in support of pioneering business initiatives.
- You will work directly with the businesses you support, serving as counsel and providing strategic input on import/export compliance and transportation and supply chain commercial transactions and programs.
- You will collaborate with attorneys across the globe to develop innovative international trade, transportation and supply chain solutions. You will provide day-to-day guidance on import/export regulations, and advise on upcoming regulatory changes and enforcement trends.
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
What We Need
- 5-10 years of legal experience with large law firm or in-house global enterprise company
- You are experienced in high volume commercial transactions with a company of similar size and scale to Wind River.
- You are an excellent negotiator who knows how to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear.
- You are a practical and proactive problem solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident and calm under fire.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment and get the right things down.
- You are team oriented, with a sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity, sound judgment and flexibility.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- JD from an accredited US law school.
- Member of a State Bar and in good standing.
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- Experience with software licensing and professional services agreements.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.