Technical Support Engineer – Cloud
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your expertise and knowledge of networking, telecom, and cloud services technologies to provide technical support for Communications Service Providers and other customers utilizing the Wind River Cloud Platform. In a dynamic, customer-facing environment, you will partner with customers as they deploy and operate their solutions on the Wind River cloud infrastructure. Primary functions will include Technical Support, Software Upgrades and Patching, and recovering systems during full or partial outages on a live carrier network. Role will be the primary interface into our customers and be the driver of customer facing SLA’s. A commitment to quality and a belief in building true partnerships with carrier-grade customers will be crucial for success in this role.
Interface & Collaboration
This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers and technicians at all levels, including management layers, across multiple product lines. Wind River Engineering and Technical Support works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania and beyond.
Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding and providing for our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing first-hand what drives the business success today and tomorrow.
- Global Technical Support for the Wind River Cloud Platform.
- Primary owners of service SLA’s.
- Software Upgrades and Patching.
- Emergency Recovery for outages reported by customers.
- Customer advocate.
- Continuous learning.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing etc.
- Fundamental wireless/cellular/telecom knowledge.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- BS/BA, BSCS/BSEE degree preferred, can off-set with relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a customer facing, direct support role.
- Expertise or working experience in virtualization and cloud computing.
- Expertise or working experience in container/Kubernetes technologies.
- Experience working with large CSP’s (Communications Service Providers) a plus.
- Exposure to SDN, Network Function Virtualization.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, sometimes fast paced, customer facing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Native level of Japanese.
- Good command of written and spoken English (TOEIC 800+ preferred).
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Insurance
- Group life and Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Summer Vacation
- Special Leave
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Training Subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.