Lead Test Automation Architect
Why Choose Wind River?
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Within the Wind River Cloud team, we work with large-scale projects like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack and fast-paced Open-Source technologies that are in high demand from our customers. Wind River Cloud has adopted these technologies into the core of our product, which is driving us to find experienced and high-performing individuals that can learn and contribute to these container and virtualization solutions. In addition, Wind River Cloud is a leading contributor to the Open Source StarlingX cloud native project, to manage and maintain the critical infrastructure for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, Industrial Automation and Augmented Reality. Wind River contributes and builds upon the work within StarlingX to ensure it meets the demands of these critical applications.
What You’ll Do
You are an open-minded person who believes in automation in all possible places. You are curious about new technologies and always seek opportunities for improvements.
You will be an advocate for test automation and quality and will convince development and QA teams to apply best test automation practices. You will drive test automation initiatives and make a difference in the quality of the product by enabling test automation at all levels from unit test to system test.
- Work with highly skilled engineering teams delivering 5G telecom grade cloud platform
- Apply both your testing and development knowledge to develop resilient automated tests to detect issues as quickly and as early as possible.
- Drive automation and prevention strategies across development and QA teams.
- Assist in creating and implementing test automation roadmap for development and QA teams.
- Assist in improving CI/CD pipelines.
- Coach team members on test tools and test techniques.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle using agile methodologies.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience in software development and/or test automation.
- Familiarity with test automation methodologies at all levels (unit test, component test, integration test, system test, etc).
- Excellent programming skills using Python and/or C/C++.
- Familiarity with Linux systems with relevant software development or test automation experience.
- Experience with driving test automation initiatives.
- Experience with creating or maintaining CI pipeline.
- Experience with large scale project.
- Experience with cloud platform and/or Kubernetes is an asset.
- Experience with opensource project is an asset.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Exposure to other languages (Ansible, SQL, Shell Scripting) would be an asset.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.