CSP Support Engineer
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
- Use your expertise and knowledge of networking and cloud services technologies to provide technical and product support for Communications Service Providers and other customers utilizing Wind River’s Carrier Grade Titanium Cloud and Edge platforms
- Primary activities and functions include Technical/Product Support, Software Upgrades and Patching, and Emergency Recovery
- Role will evolve to include activities such as solution validation, software validation, account support, Methods and Procedures development, knowledge transfers and internal training
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers and technicians at all levels, including management layers, across multiple product lines. Wind River Engineering and Technical Support works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania and beyond.
- Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding and providing for our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- In a dynamic, customer facing environment you will partner with customers as they deploy and operate their solutions on the Wind River cloud infrastructure.
- Direct Technical Support in support of customer requirements/SLA’s
- Software Upgrades and Patching
- Emergency Recovery for outages reported by customers
- Product expertise, interface into Tier 3 organization (Eng.)
- Develop and maintain lab environment
- Mentor and train others in the organization
- Become technical escalation point for Tier 1 organization supporting customer SLA’s
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Expertise in virtualization, containers and cloud computing
- It is critical that the individual in this role be constantly developing and deepening his/her expertise in the latest products and industry technologies to become true product experts for both internal and external customers.
- Experience working with large CSP’s (Communications Service Providers)
- Demonstrated success consulting with customers resolving complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, high pressure customer facing environment
- Ability to travel to both customer and internal Wind River sites
- BS/BA, BSCS/BSEE degree preferred, plus five years of experience minimum
- Exposure to SDN, Network Function Virtualization
- Fundamental wireless/cellular telecom knowledge
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing
Why Choose Wind River?
Have you been on an airplane or used a cell phone recently? Chances are you didn’t even realize that Wind River’s products are making it happen. How about a trip to Mars? This is second time around for Wind River. Interested in joining the world leader in Embedded Operating Systems driving the leading edge of technology enablement? We have a spot for you.
In addition to working on amazing technologies, we offer opportunities to grow your career how you see it, with lots of opportunities to shine. Want to work on the systems that will be in the next jet (commercial or defense), autonomous car, AI robotics, or space craft? Want the opportunity to be challenged and grow professionally? Then join Wind River today!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.