Field Application Engineer - Sweden
Field Application Engineer
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to help the world’s leading technology companies power mission-critical intelligent systems. Our software enables the new machine economy and accelerates digital transformation across industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
About the Opportunity
You will work closely with account managers on named accounts and strive to become the trusted technical advisor to our customers by understanding their business needs and addressing those needs through Wind River’s products, services and expertise.
You must have experience in Linux and embedded software engineering, preferably within networking or industrial sectors. You should be capable of understanding customers’ problems and be able to white-board solutions using our product offerings and services.
You should also know and have experience in software project development cycles and have been exposed to project management.
Some travel within Nordic countries, and occasionally elsewhere within EMEA and to US will be required.
Interface & Collaboration
- Report directly to the EMEA FAE Director.
- A team of colleagues across Wind River, supporting you in achieving your strategic vision and revenue goals. This will include pre-sales technical experts, professional services, management, post-sales technical support and dedicated sales administration.
- You will engage with both internal and external senior executives to review business.
- EMEA sales teams within Wind River, collaborating on best practices, sales enablement and tools to execute company goals and revenue targets effectively.
- Marketing teams to create strategic campaigns, providing feedback on previous campaigns and asset effectiveness.
- Field Account Teams and Inside Account Executives to build and execute outbound prospecting strategies tailored to account / vertical market needs.
- Serve as technical point of contact, become the customer’s trusted advisor and the Wind River solutions expert.
- Listen to customers’ needs, analyze their requirements, and architect solutions utilizing the Wind River portfolio and present value proposition.
- Manage the technical needs of accounts utilizing all available resources to address customer product lifecycle needs effectively.
- Develop account plans with the account manager, execute them successfully, and increase Wind River's market share with each customer.
- Represent Wind River at trade shows and seminars and be willing to give presentations/talks at seminars and conferences.
- Provide consistent market feedback to Wind River.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success:
This position is open to software engineers willing to transition to a more customer-facing role (pre-sales activities) for the first time. A minimum of 3+ years of software development or solutions architecting is required, though, with experience in the following areas:
- Experience in embedded Linux is a must (Yocto Project desirable)
- Experience in Linux application and kernel development
- Passionate about Open Source software
- Experience in real-time operating systems (RTOS) is desirable.
- Programming skills in C or C++ language essential, and experience or interest in scripting languages (Python, Bash…) also desirable.
- Knowledge of DevOps software development lifecycle is desirable.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies is advantageous.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related area.
- Fluency in Swedish desirable.
- Must have proficient English language skills, enabling business discussion/dialogue
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.