Product Line Manager - DevSecOps
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers looking to build Mission Critical Intelligent Systems that conform to exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability.
For almost 40 years, Wind River has been the leading provider of embedded operating systems to the world’s leading developers of mission-critical infrastructure. Our customers include top Global 1000 companies across industries: Aerospace and Defense, Telecommunications, Industrial Controls and Robotics, Automotive, and Medical. Our VxWorks RTOS, Linux, and Helix Virtualization Platform power 2 billion-plus devices worldwide. Our Edge Cloud Platform, Analytics, and Automation products are the industry first and the only 5G open-source solutions commercially deployed across 1000s of nodes of tier-one wireless operators. Wind River Studio is enabling our customers across industries to build intelligent systems using cloud-native development tools and processes to transform and optimize their device life cycle across Development, Deployment, Operations, and Servicing. In the Automotive industry, Wind River Studio is enabling our partners and customers to drive the transformation towards software-defined vehicles by enabling them to build cloud-native DevSecOps, Digital Twins, Simulation, Digital Feedback Loop, OTA, Security and Safety capabilities across in-vehicle Edge and Cloud-based systems and workflows.
Wind River regularly wins industry recognition for excellence in IoT security, cloud, and edge computing. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. We are ranked as “Top Workplace” for 8 consecutive years. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on a growth mindset, diversity, inclusion, and customer-focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Senior Director for DevSecOps Products, this position will be an integral part of the Product team that defines and realizes Wind River’s Studio vision. You will collaborate across multiple teams including Engineering, UX, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and present your vision and plans to leadership. We are in a dynamic, fast-paced industry where you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact while helping to delight our customers!
- Own the vision + roadmap for key product areas
- Own the definition of future features and potentially even new products!
- Work closely with our UX, Field and Customer Success team to refine valuable product insights from customer input, and translate those into feature deliverables
- Engage with our Product Capability Owners and Engineering teams to deliver features that both meet the market needs and delight our customers
- Ensure product objectives are aligned with company strategic goals and initiatives; make prioritization calls and adjustments periodically to achieve this
- Build strong relationships with peers in customer, partner organizations
- Conduct ongoing market, competitive analysis
- Evangelize the Studio product suite to customers, at conferences, and online
- Work with marketing to create product collateral that helps drive interest and product adoption
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Ability to create an overall vision for your area, then align stakeholders and drive execution towards it
- Lead without authority; can easily drive consensus, broker compromise across groups, persuade others to your way of thinking
- Solve problems rapidly, easily, efficiently, and optimally
- Customer empathy; able to discover, understand, and address the deeper underlying problems and design transformative solutions for them
- Motivate others; Help maintain a healthy development velocity through timely & accurate communication, prioritization guidance, product leadership
- Comfortable and effective working in a virtual team, with other virtual teams worldwide
- Ability to define and create compelling product demos that showcase focus on key use cases
- Strong public speaking skills; comfortable delivering presentations, talks, and demos to large audiences, executives
- Experience working closely with Marketing on GTM planning
- Occasional business travel
- Bachelor’s degree + 5 years experience, Master’s degree + 3 years, or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking, strategic as well as tactical planning skills
- Domain expertise preferred, examples include: Build Automation, Test Automation, Embedded Software, Edge Computing, IoT, open-source software
- Data analytics, and statistical analysis experience a plus
- Experience building business models, and business cases, for new products is a plus
- Background in cloud-based embedded or edge device analytics is strongly preferred
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.