Manager - Cloud and Web Application Development
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems, and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing technical for a position developing a cloud-based platform that spans across all products.
The successful candidate will manage a highly skilled development team delivering internal and external tools and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities.
The successful candidate must have experience leading teams for cloud-native software development and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly coach and mentor individual. A combination of strong technical and managerial skills is a must.
Interface & Collaboration
The successful candidate will lead and collaborate with other development and customer facing teams to ensure high levels of intuitive usability and product quality.
- Managing a team of engineers in San Jose, Costa Rica. The management aspects include: career planning, goal setting, performance assessment, coaching, performance improvement, compensation, conflict resolution, and other people management tasks
- Managing day-to-day delivery, development, test and support activities
- Coordination with other teams across the company to productize and deliver Wind River products to end customers.
- Coordination of deliverable specifics and deliverables. Estimate scope and duration in conjunction with the product owners and customers.
- Working across other product lines group at Wind River at different locations to coordinate work and integrate those resolutions and capabilities into the end to end engineering infrastructure.
- Support the transformation from traditional ALM tools to full DevOps with HA infrastructure and mechanisms for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Monitoring and maintaining SLAs and quality of service for engineering and services tools and reporting infrastructure
- Manage and develop existing and new team members
- You will be responsible to manage and maintain integrations between tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, JIRA, and many more.
- Develop new user interfaces and reporting options for these tools.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Demonstrable proof of team or scrum leadership for teams developing cloud based tool applications
- Experience of leading change within organizations, moving to web and cloud based tools
- Experience coaching and mentoring teams to develop performance
- Experience with AWS / Azure, and Kubernetes / Docker, very desirable
- Experience managing DevOps teams desirable
- Prior experience as a software developer
- Experience with Linux software development
- At least 3 years of management experience, preferably including tools and infrastructure support and development
- Experience leading teams of 5 or more software engineers
- Experience with scripting and automation/configuration management
- At least 3 years with Continuous Integration Continuous Development and Automation tools
- Experience in web services (REST, Web Sockets), SQL and No-SQL Database.
- Experience with different Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, OpenStack)
- Experience with third party tools and providers: Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket), Jenkins, etc.
- Experience and ability to work with third parties integration of technologies into solution.
- Strong mentoring, supervisory and team building skills
- Demonstrated strength in: planning and organization; English verbal and written communications; effectiveness as a team member and leader; drive and perseverance in accomplishing goals; professional integrity; adaptability to new projects; resourcefulness; energy and motivation to initiate and complete tasks; and enthusiasm building expertise in the technology
- 5-8+ years working in software development
- Experience with GIT, Jira, code review tools
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent experience
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.