Product Manager/Owner - Client Security
US CITIZENS ONLY
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
It’s an exciting time to join Wind River as we accelerate digital transformation across multiple industries including Aerospace & Defense, Telecommunications, Industrial, Automotive, and Medical!
As a Product Manager for Client Security, you will own security products and solutions focused on protecting intelligent edge devices and systems. In this role, you will advocate for customers, develop customer profiles, identify customer scenarios, define requirements, and establish client security product roadmaps. This role requires a passion for building outstanding products that deliver business value and exceptional user experience to customers. The ideal candidate will be eager to work with high-caliber engineers in a dynamic, fast pace growth environment.
Interface & Collaboration
Our product line is focused on securing data, services and protecting customer IP from edge to cloud across Aerospace, Defense, Automotive, Industrial and Commercial mission critical markets.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with our engineering, sales, and marketing teams on strategies and roadmaps for building highly secure and robust intelligent edge products that meet market and user demands. You will engage with customers, partners, leadership, and services teams, leveraging your technical, analytical and product-building skills to create impactful customer experiences. Strong communication and collaboration skills will be key to your success in delivering high quality products and solutions that drive revenue opportunities.
- Understand Wind River’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are aligned with our mission and recognized best in the industry.
- Assess the state of security across client, device, IoT and intelligent edge markets to form/refine your product suite hypothesis – including market trends, competitors, leading scenarios, ecosystem partners and customers
- Identify significant opportunities hypothesis for intelligent edge security product development, build consensus around roadmaps and determine metrics for success.
- Deliver security products, best practices, and professional services to market through engineering, training, support and professional services teams. Advocate for building secure by design and secure by default across Wind River products through systematic analysis with peer intelligent edge product owners.
- Write requirements documents to capture product decisions. Socialize, Review and iterate requirements to drive product value unanimity.
- Make daily product trade off decisions with engineering teams during standups. Refine Stories. Triage bugs. Hone the product value proposition. Drive security best practices across teams (e.g. threat modeling, pen testing). Be the product owner.
- Refine the intelligent edge security product messaging with Marketing and Sales. Present your message at industry conferences and events, as well as customer and partner meetings.
- Develop documentation to support each owned initiative lifecycle, including requirements gathering, roadmaps and go to market.
- Refine your product proposition through stakeholder feedback loops. Regularly report feedback and product status across division.
- 6+ years of security experience in Product Management, Program Management or Engineering in a software development environment
- Experience building security products or functionality and/or experience running a security process/practice
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following vertical markets: Aerospace & Defense, Industrial, Telco, Medical, Automotive
- Knowledge of device-centric applications, IoT and intelligent edge architectures, best practices, guidelines, and industry standards
- Thorough understanding of API security, client security and IoT security risks and countermeasures
- Demonstrated competence in gathering market and competitive information and assimilating this into a cohesive product strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree with a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering)
- Industry recognized security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP)
- Customer interfacing experience at the senior level for both business and technology domains
- Ability to establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a multitude of stakeholders
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write clearly and quickly, to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience – including comfort with public speaking experience
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, and the ability to translate those skills into a proven track record in delivering successful, award winning online products
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.