Engineering Manager, Linux
What you’ll do
You will have the opportunity to lead and manage a team of Linux engineers responsible for the development of Linux automotive infotainment solutions.
Who You Will Work With:
- A team of like-minded development and program managers to coordinate the work, ensuring on-time delivery of projects and products
- Regular interfacing with other teams such as QA, Test, Engineering Operations, and Product Marketing
- This position will report to the Senior Director, Engineering
- Managing a team of Linux developers contributing to ongoing releases of Wind River Linux-based Device Software including: career planning, goal setting, performance assessment, coaching, performance improvement, compensation, conflict resolution, and other people management tasks
- Program Management of Wind River Linux automotive programs
- Working with a team of other development and program managers to coordinate work and assure delivery of projects and products
- Process development and implementation for the direct team and department.
- Contributing to budget allocation and monitoring
- Interfacing to various other parts of the company such as QA, Test, Engineering Operations, and Product Marketing
- 7-9+ years of relevant software development experience. Experience in Linux as a device software operating system an asset.
- 5+ years people/project management as part of a larger team with interdependent responsibilities in an engineering environment.
- Development engineering management skills as demonstrated by experience in planning and leading multiple engineering projects using modern project management techniques; building and motivating a development team to accomplish progressively aggressive goals; and superior skills in diagnosing and solving typical development issues.
- Personal skills such as: time planning and organization; nimbleness; verbal and written communications; effectiveness as a team member; enthusiastic leadership; personal drive, energy, resourcefulness, and perseverance; integrity; adaptability to new and uncertain environments; a desire to improve practices and processes; and enthusiastic leadership.
- Ability to be an effective member of a team of managers including: a drive to accomplish the collective goals of the team; the ability to fairly and effectively negotiate; and an attitude that puts the good of the team ahead of one's individual needs when required.
- Experience in people management including; career planning; performance assessments; performance improvement; setting and evaluating goals; compensation; and general care of development engineers.
- Relevant technical BS degree.
- Business/management degree or coursework desirable. (Experience can substitute)
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.