Member of Technical Staff – Software Engineering in Cloud
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability. Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software-defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing Software Engineer for a position developing a cloud-based platform that spans across all products.
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering internal and external tools, and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities.
The successful candidate must have experience in cloud-native software development and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on innovative technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is necessary.
As a Tech Lead Software Engineer in Cloud, you will architect and develop production web applications through testable and maintainable code. Wind River’s software engineers are developing next-generation technologies that will handle information and data at a large scale.
This role will consist of:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Work with large scale microservice architecture backends using message brokers and data pipelines.
In a company with significant growth and the leader in embedded platforms, you will be part of a team developing high value features for external customers and internal engineering teams. You will work with a variety of tools, cloud providers, and products to ensure delivery of high-quality code.
- Deliver features and updates to the infrastructure.
- Develop new user interfaces and reporting options.
- You will be responsible for managing and maintaining integrations.
- Maintains stability of platforms, applications, services, and systems.
- Strong experience with Go or other back-end technologies: Java, Python
- Strong experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience with microservices architecture and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Angular (desired) or other web development frameworks
- Experience with Git workflows
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and/or Tekton
- 5-8+ years working in software development
- Coach engineers to develop best practices in software development
- May coordinate and define activities of other engineers
- Experience with Jira, Agile and Scrum
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with SQL and DB migrations
- Experience with NodeJS and libraries like gin, viper, gabs, tektoncd
- Experience with Express, NetJS and TypeORM
- Experience with OpenAPI/Swagger
- Experience with Postgres, Redis and NoSQL
- Experience with message brokers like Kafka
- Experience with IaaC like Terraform and Helm Charts
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent experience
Even if you do not meet all these qualifications, you may be an excellent fit. We look forward to meeting you and hearing about your unique skills and experiences!
- Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid Work.
- Medical insurance: Group Medical Insurance coverage.
- Additional shared cost medical benefit in the form of reimbursements.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Vacation and Time off: Employees are eligible for various types of paid time off.
- Additional Time off’s – Birthday, Volunteer Time off, Wedding.
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
- Carrot (Family -forming support)
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.