Member of Technical Staff Technical Support - Embedded Linux
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to the success of Wind River as the market leader in the Global edge compute OS market and to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems.
Your contribution in this role will impact the success of the Customer Success Organization, where you will help our customers with development and supporting SaaS environment and application.
The focus of this role is to help the customer who use Wind River Systems Products to develop cutting-edge IoT and embedded system devices that will enable the next generation of technology user experiences. You will work with standard off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs and systems throughout their life-cycle and help them successfully reach their business goals by implementing Wind River’s products and services.
- Support customers who are encountering problems on Wind River Products.
- Communicate effectively with customers to resolve their problems.
- Communicate effectively with account teams on customer issues.
- Handle customer and defect escalations.
- Document customer issues and resolutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Develop technical content for online support site.
- Mentor local and global Technical Support Engineers.
- Provide support and training to internal customers.
- If needed act as single point of contact (Premium Support Engineer) for Premium Support Customers.
- Considered as expert in some of the technologies like Yocto, Kernel, and Virtualization
- May need to provide training to customers.
- Proactively contribute content to the various Knowledge Bases within Wind River
- Document Problems for Knowledge Base so that customers may solve similar problems on their own in the future.
- Be available for after-hours duties in case if there is need for 24/7/365 coverage
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Extensive knowledge of Linux based operating systems environments (CentOS, WR Linux are preferred) including Hardware, software, networking and storage.
- Familiarity with Virtualization concepts and containerization technologies like KVM, docker, containerd
- Familiarity with Wind River Systems product a plus.
- Experience in Device Drivers, BSP, HW design, Networking and other technologies used in embedded system applications. The candidate should really have an understanding of computing/networking architecture of a system.
- Understanding and experience in high level languages and application of C/C++ RUST, Python etc
- Experience working with Yocto.
- Experience working with Gnu compiler.
- Deep understanding of System level components like systemd, sysvinit, udev management etc. Capable of building custom images and creating new systemd services
- Understanding of networking components like L2/L3 Switching/Routing, VLAN, DHCP etc.
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues in a real-time embedded environment
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environment.
- Understanding of DPDK and VPP based knowledge.
- Familiarity of major processor families: PowerPC, Intel and ARM and RISC-V, including multi-core.
- Understanding of networking applications, Core TCP/IP, Multicasting, Routing, etc.
- Experience with some of technologies like NFV, OpenStack, DPDK, DPI, SDN, embedded Linux & security-enhanced Linux, virtualization, VOIP, networking security a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Independent and should be able to handle multiple products simultaneously.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience. Masters is a plus.
- 8+ Years’ experience required with 4+ years' experience working in customer facing role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong C/C++ knowledge
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Group Life & Accident Insurance
- Medical Reimbursement benefit
- Provident Fund & Gratuity
- Meal Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.