Member of Technical Staff - Technical Support
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to the success of Wind River as the market leader in the Global edge compute OS market and to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems.
Your contribution in this role will impact the success of the Customer Success Organization, where you will help our customers with development and supporting SaaS environment and application.
The focus of this role is to help the customer who use Wind River Systems Products (on-prem and SaaS) to develop cutting-edge IoT and embedded system devices that will enable the next generation of technology user experiences. You will work with standard off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs and systems throughout their life-cycle and help them successfully reach their business goals by implementing Wind River’s products and services. Wind River Systems products include Ai/ ML suites which assists with digital transformation, you are expected to be able to use and support these suites.
- Support customers who are encountering problems on Wind River’s Cloud Products.
- Communicate effectively with customers to resolve their problems.
- Communicate effectively with account teams on customer issues.
- Handle customer and defect escalations.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Document customer issues and resolutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Develop technical content for online support site.
- Mentor local and global Customer Support Engineers.
- Provide support and training to internal customers.
- If needed act as single point of contact (Premium Support Engineer) for Premium Support Customers.
- Considered as expert in some of the cloud technologies like Kuberenetes, openstack, etc.
- May need to provide training to customers.
- Proactively contribute content to the various Knowledge Bases within Wind River
- Document Problems for Knowledge Base so that customers may solve similar problems on their own in the future.
- Be available for after-hours duties in case if there is need for 24/7/365 coverage
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing. Solid understanding of fundamentals of cloud computing.
- Familiarity with Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux based operating systems environments (CentOS, WR Linux are preferred) including Hardware, software, networking and storage.
- Basic understanding of Hardware and knowledge of BIOS and firmware upgrades etc. The candidate should really have an understanding of computing/networking architecture of a system
- Experience in virtualization/containerization technologies like KVM, docker, containerd.
- Deep understanding of System level components like systemd, sysvinit, udev management etc. Capable of building custom images and creating new systemd services.
- Experience in standard opensource cloud technologies like Kuberenetes, openstack, helm, microservices etc. Candidate should be able to write templates to create k8s pods with custom requirements that runs micro-services.
- Understanding of Cloud-Native networking technologies like Calico, Multus, SRIOV, PCI-Passthrough or OpenvSwitch mechanisms.
- Understanding of networking components like L2/L3 Switching/Routing, VLAN, DHCP etc.
- Experience in shell scripting.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environment.
- Understanding of DPDK and VPP based knowledge.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience. Masters is a plus.
- 8+ Years’ experience required with 4+ years' experience working in development and production operations supporting a cloud based environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exposure to Azure or AWS Amazon EC2.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Group Life & Accident Insurance
- Medical Reimbursement benefit
- Provident Fund & Gratuity
- Meal Benefits
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.