Senior Software Engineer/ Software Architect - SDK and Tools
Senior Software Engineer/Software Architect – SDK and Tools
Help define the SDK and tooling for a new strategic initiative in Wind River Systems. Leveraging knowledge of the Embedded OS developer and Cloud Native application space, the lead is to drive the SDK & Tools investigation, selection, development, and integration efforts. We are looking for people with the ability to work as an individual, within a small team, and especially across functional organizations, in a highly dynamic and geographically dispersed environment.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership and mentoring to their own and collaborative cross-product based development and architecture team
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers using the SDK
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the SDK & Tools group
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert within the company and developer community
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality in the SDK & Tools
Who You Will Work With:
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers at all levels and across our multiple product lines, as well as exposure through management up to the VP of overall Engineering. Wind River Engineering works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania, and beyond.
- Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- Senior level position, required to work across the company driving the direction and technical decisions in conjunction with the Technology Office, Solutions and Services organization, and Product Management.
- Leading the team on a technical perspective
What Are The Requirements?
- 8 to 10 years of proficient experience working on software products
- Self-driven quick learner, with attention to detail and quality
- Experience leading engineering teams from concept to ship in an agile environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Lean concepts, Git, and Atlassian suite of tools
- Extensive experience with API design and SDK architecture
- Windows and Linux based platforms and environments
- Strong C, C++, Python, and Java,
- Knowledge and utilization of such tools as Eclipse, Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Code
- Strong planning and development experience, as well as functional and automated testing knowledge.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. From planes, trains, automobiles, and even Mars Rovers, to medical devices and industrial robots, Wind River technology is found in more than 2 billion products that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Interested in working for an innovative global software leader that is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems? Wind River has been recognized as a Top Workplace for 6 consecutive years, and we're looking for top talent to contribute to our continued success...join us!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.