Senior Product Manager, Developer Experience
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Wind River maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling Wind River’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. Wind River does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws,
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Studio is the first cloud-native platform for the development, deployment, operations, and servicing of mission-critical intelligent edge systems that require security, safety, and reliability. Wind River Studio provides full lifecycle tools for building mission critical systems into Robotics, Communication Service Providers, Industrial, Aviation, Defense, Automotive and Energy verticals. Our tooling accelerates software development for mission critical solutions that span embedded (including Linux & RTOS) to cloud (AWS, Azure and on premise). With testing frameworks, simulation, deployment, operations, digital feedback loops, management and analytics, Studio is an end-to-end solution for mission critical solution developers.
As a Senior Product Manager in the Wind River Product Management team, you will take ownership of key components and use cases at the heart of the Edge devices and software development environments. You will be responsible for identifying use cases, experiences for requirements gathering, testing products (Validation), testing platforms (Verification), testing automation and DevSecOps. The director will work with the design team to create designs and storyboards based on requirements/use cases.
The role requires passion for building outstanding products that deliver business value to customers through great user experiences. You will be working with great engineers, partners, and technologies. You will need to do what it takes to help grow Wind River product offerings, the wisdom to make tough tradeoffs and keep up with a dynamic, high pace growth environment.
Interface & Collaboration
Work closely with a team of product managers, internal and external stakeholders to create a unique and transformative software development environment. Engage with customers, partners, executive leadership, and services teams, leveraging your technical, analytical and product-building skills to create impactful customer experiences. Work shoulder to shoulder with a high caliber engineering team to deliver quality products. Collaborate with marketing, sales, professional services, and other partners to drive revenue opportunities.
- Codify requirements for the product hypothesis in documents that identify the customers (personas), scenarios, and success metrics while describing the product features that enable the product strategy
- Employ customer feedback, industry analysis, sales feedback, and engineering feedback to identify requirements, use cases and experiences for Verification, Validation, test management and DevSecOps using machine learning to accelerate our customers software development lifecycle for their intelligent systems.
- Continuously refine the product hypothesis to align with strategic goals after each release while driving alignment with customers, stakeholders, and partners to produce a multiyear product roadmap.
- Make day to day decisions to shape the product with the development team. Refine Stories, prioritize features, triage bugs, and hone the product value proposition.
- Evangelize and drive the product roadmap and adoption of DevSecOps mindsets across various functional teams within Wind River
- Represent DevSecOps product in front of senior management stakeholders and users. Act as an ambassador for the product internally and as the primary contact for queries related to DevSecOps product and the roadmap
- Strive for continuous improvements of our platform and process, controls, and capabilities.
- Leverage diplomacy, integrity, and presence to enable you to work effectively at all levels within large organization
- Demonstrate a growth mindset, positive demeanor, and flexibility to jump in and roll-up your sleeves when the situation demands
- Proactively engage with the customers; actively listen to their challenges and help craft appropriate solutions that solve real business needs
CORE COMPETENCIES & DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS
Deep expertise in several of the following skills and technology areas:
- Experience in building product related to software lifecycle, testing, DevSecOps and automation tools and/or previous work experience in a senior QA/test role
- Technical background dealing with development tools and the software development life cycle
- Familiarity with the Embedded Software, Edge Computing, Public Cloud landscape, open-source technologies, open-source projects and open source development tools
- 5+ years customer interfacing experience at a senior level for both business and technology domains
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management, Product Management or engineering experience in a software test or automation environment.
- Experience designing in security and privacy principles into solutions that operate in product cloud environments.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write clearly and quickly, to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience – including comfort with public speaking experience
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, and the ability to translate those skills into a proven track record in delivering successful, award winning online products
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree with 5+ years of relevant experience. MS/MBA preferred
- Demonstrated credibility with customers, partners, and cross functional stakeholders
- A minimum of 5-years professional experience in product management or program management capacity working with a software engineering team
- Customer facing and market analysis experience highly preferred
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.