Senior Product Manager – Security Products and Services
Senior Product Manager – Security Products and Services
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability.
Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy. The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer-focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Director for DevSecOps Products, this position will be an integral part of the Product team that defines and realizes Wind River’s Studio Security vision. You will help define and drive activities in relevant target segments with particular focus on value-add services in the areas of IoT security and DevSecOps. You will collaborate with multiple teams including Engineering, UX, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and present your ideas and plans to leadership. We are in a dynamic, fast-paced industry where you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact while helping to delight our customers!
- Own the roadmap for key product areas, including defining value-added functionality in the areas of IoT security as well as security improvements for our Studio DevSecOps platform
- Analyze the broader markets to understand and articulate security trends, risks and opportunities that can be addressed by Windriver products and solutions.
- Driver the overall product security roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience and time-to-market factoring-in alignment with company strategic goals and initiatives
- Create detailed product requirements and user stories that clearly articulate the functionality of the product that will be developed
- Create buy-in for the security product vision both internally and with external partners. Build strong relationships with peers in customer and partner organizations, establishing business processes as well as metrics and indicators for success
- Drive product and capability adoption with a broad category of approaches: feature development, range of marketing collaterals, customer surveys and profiling, sample application, code sample and technical documentation
- Lead the organization through change, evolution and sustained growth, exhibiting excellent judgement on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers, and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Ability to create an overall vision for your area, then align stakeholders and drive execution towards it
- Lead without authority; can easily drive consensus, broker compromise across groups, persuade others to your way of thinking
- Solve problems rapidly, easily, efficiently, and optimally
- Customer empathy; able to discover, understand, and address the deeper underlying problems and design transformative solutions for them
- Motivate others; Help maintain a healthy development velocity through timely & accurate communication, prioritization guidance, product leadership
- Comfortable and effective working in a virtual team, with other virtual teams worldwide
- Ability to define and create compelling product demos with focus on key use cases
- Strong public speaking skills; comfortable delivering presentations, talks, and demos to large audiences, executives
- Experience working closely with Marketing on GTM planning
- Bachelor’s degree + 10 years of experience, Master’s degree +7 years, or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking, strategic as well as tactical planning skills
- DevSecOps domain expertise preferred, examples include: Build and test automation, Embedded Software, Edge Computing, IoT, open-source software, data governance, information security software
- Solid understanding of end-to-end IoT security challenges spanning IoT devices, network and cloud infrastructure and services
- Strong knowledge of commonly used security technologies and protocols including Firewalls, SSL, MFA, SSO, identity and access management (IAM), and encryption technologies.
- Working knowledge of common security regulations and standards such as NIST 800.53 and cybersecurity framework, EU cybersecurity act, GDPR, TISAX, FedRAMP, PCI, HIPAA and PII
- Flexible home office! We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule or 100% remote
- Named Top Workplace for the 8th year in a row
- Wind River’s commitment to DEIB
- 100% Employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Flexible Time Off policy* + 12 observed Holidays
- 401K with company match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
*varies by region and country
The annual base salary range for this role’s listed grade level is currently $140,700 - $190,000 plus bonus for Colorado residents, $140,700- $190,000 plus bonus for New York and New Jersey residents, and $160,400 – $216,000 plus bonus for California and Washington residents. Salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, location and abilities of the applicant, and equity with other team members. Employees in this role are also eligible for the following benefits in accordance with the terms of the Company's plans: health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flex time off, eligibility to enroll in 401k, 12 paid holidays.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.