Product Manager - Certified Software Factory
Product Manager – Certified Software Factory
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
At Wind River, we offer more than just a job. We provide competitive compensation and benefits. But we also have meaningful personal and professional growth opportunities derived from our fervent belief in cultivating a growth mindset.
Our VxWorks RTOS, Linux and Helix Virtualization Platform power 2 billion plus devices worldwide. Wind River Studio is enabling our customers across industries to build intelligent systems using cloud native development tools and processes to transform and optimize their device life cycle across Development, Deployment, Operations and Servicing. In the Automotive industry, Wind River Studio is enabling our partners and customers to drive the transformation towards software defined vehicles by enabling them to build cloud native DevSecOps, Digital Twins, Simulation, Digital Feedback Loop, OTA, Security and Safety capabilities across in-vehicle Edge and Cloud based systems and workflows.
About the Opportunity
As a member of Product Management team, you will own the cloud native Certified-Software Factory, a key element of the Wind River Studio portfolio. You will refine requirements, work with your engineering colleagues and customers, the Certification Office, to drive the execution of a revolutionary toolset designed to accelerate the development, test, and certification of software.
This is a B2B Product Management role that is highly collaborative and requires comfort with ambiguity.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to the Head of Product Management for the Intelligent Edge.
You will be an integral part of the Product Management team.
You will collaborate with Sales, Customers, Partners, Engineering, Industry Groups, Finance, Marketing.
- Own the roadmap and backlog.
- Write requirements (the WHAT, WHY, and for WHOM).
- Do market research and look at the competition as necessary.
- Engage with key stakeholders in all functions
- Train Sales when new releases become available.
- Represent Wind River in front of customers.
- Participate in public event (following health and safety guideline).
- Building out a net new product offerings including business model and pricing.
- Drive positive ROI on investments and profitability of product line.
- Develop great product documentation to enables sales, professional services, customer success to drive adoption by customers.
- Drive adoption of new offering from early adopters to broad market adoption through a phased approach.
- You are passionate about software in general and have a very solid understanding of the impact of functional safety to the development process and the constraints imposed on the software to be certified.
- You have experience incubating innovation, building MVP and V1 products and iteratively maturing them towards broad market adoption.
- You understand the phases of the V-model and can apply agile concepts to it.
- You have experience with development tools such as JIRA, CodeBeamer, Polarion, Doors, Coverity, LDRA, etc., preferably in a cloud native environment.
- You have been a Product Manager for 3+ years managing complex software.
Ideally, you worked with or on safety certified software (Automotive preferred).
- An Agile work environment is your expectation, and you are comfortable with using either Linux or Windows.
- While a businessperson, you are happy to roll your sleeves and work with engineering on technical nuances.
- You are driven and self-motivated.
- You are familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Rust, Python, Node.js.
- You have knowledge/understanding of cloud technologies.
- A BA/BS (computer science, engineering, marketing or equivalent).
- You have worked at least 5+ years on software in the Automotive, Industrial, or Aerospace and Defense markets.
- Strong analytical abilities, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible home office! We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule or 100% remote
- Named Top Workplace for the 8th year in a row
- Wind River’s commitment to DEIB
- 100% Employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Flexible Time Off policy** + 12 observed Holidays
- 401K with company match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
*varies by region and country
** varies by region and country
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.