Kernel Development Engineer
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to the success of Wind River Linux. The focus of this role is the development of Wind River Linux Kernel.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to senior engineering manager, you will be an integral part of the Wind River Linux development team. You will collaborate with Linux experts from Wind River and open source world.
- Resolve defects in Wind River Linux, with the focus on Kernel
- Integrate open source or independent software vendors' software components
- Work closely with the teams in US and Canada to implement new features of Wind River Linux
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Debugging kernel issues through various tools, core dump, gdb and etc.
- Knowledge of x86 or ARM processor architecture
- Strong practical C experience in a cross-compilation environment
- Knowledge of Operating Systems concepts and at least one Linux kernel subsystem
- BS/MS in CS or related majors
- 2 years of Linux Kernel development or debugging experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skill in English
- Results oriented
- Experience with git is a big plus
- Fast learner, adaptable in new computational environments, able to take over tasks
- Flexibility in working with colleagues across different time zones minimizing inquiry response time lag
- Team worker, being able to work in a group, share tasks, complete tasks, and work on multiple tasks in parallel
- Proven ability to work across many technology areas, act proactively and own a problem
Benefits & Perks
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Learning Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.