Field Digital Transformation Officer - Automotive
FIELD DTO (DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OFFICER) - Automotive
ABOUT WIND RIVER
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Location – US, Home Office
US Person Required (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
For almost 40 years, Wind River has been the leading provider of embedded operating systems to the world’s leading developers of critical infrastructure and autonomous systems. Our customers include many of the top Global 1000 companies in all regions and across some very dynamic market segments including: Aerospace and Defense, Telecommunications, Industrial Controls and Robotics, Automotive, and Medical. As our customers look to gain competitive advantage in this digital first world, they are looking to companies like Wind River to partner in these journeys. Wind River is answering this call through our delivery of the world’s first and only Cloud Native Environment that enables developers of intelligent edge devices to transform and optimize their device life cycle; from Development to Deployment, to Operations, and Servicing.
Your opportunity is to join as a key member of our newly established Executive Business Development team, which will be responsible for developing new business opportunities with Senior level Executives in both current customers and new prospects. This high impact role will report directly to the Corporate VP Global Sales.
In this role, you will be conversing with C-Suite Executives and senior level decision makers of major corporations who possess strong business acumen, industry segment acumen, knowledge of product development processes and product life cycles, and conversational knowledge of today’s transformative technologies. In order to position yourself as a trusted advisor and be successful in this role, you will also need to have these attributes. It is expected that you will have a good rolodex of relevant companies; however, you will also have the benefit of leveraging the general Wind River sales teams to help navigate our current customer organizations and quickly get access to the appropriate customer executives. In addition to the sales organization, you will also be collaborating with and have the support of Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Solution Architects, and the Wind River Executive team.
You should have a consultative and business-led approach to engaging with a customer’s C-suite executives, sharing credible personal experience and best practices from that experience. You will provide advice on our customer’s digital transformation journey and how to maximize their business transformation goals through aligning with Wind River’s intelligent systems. Every customer is unique in its needs, so you will want to quickly assess the areas that require attention and propose solutions that deliver a winning strategy.
In addition to being customer facing, you will also have the opportunity to contribute broadly in expanding Wind River thought leadership and positioning through workshops, webinars, virtual consultations, best practices, presentations and expertise at key events.
- Previous business development experience in a similar role as Field CTO or customer-facing Technologist with a passion for evangelizing
- Experience and understanding of business processes, embedded technologies, digital modernization and product lifecycle within the Automotive/ Industrial or Aerospace and Defense vertical.
- Proven track record developing business and owning revenue number through value creation, consultative approach
- Effectively able to bring cross-function teams together focused on addressing customer needs
- You are a digital dreamer, thinking of what can be and expanding people’s horizons and thinking in new ways.
- You are an engaging and dynamic communicator with excellent presentation skills—oral, written and visual.
- Passionate about technology and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Familiarity with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and embedded software solutions
- Able to have business level, Executive/ C-suite led discussions
- 15 years overall experience in Business Development offering complex software solutions that enable developers to optimize their device life cycle
- 5+ years of work experience in enterprise software, SaaS and modern cloud solutions
- Have public presence and be active on social medial platforms like LinkedIn and industry conferences.
- Knowledge of cloud and DevOps lifecycle is advantageous.
MS / MBA is a plus
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.