Member Technical Staff Cloud - (Container Infrastructure)
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to help the world’s leading technology companies power mission-critical intelligent systems. Our software is enabling the new machine economy and accelerating digital transformation across industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
Within the Wind River Cloud team, we work with large-scale projects like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack and fast-paced Open-Source technologies that are in high demand from our customers. Wind River Cloud has adopted these technologies into the core of our product, which is driving us to find experienced and high-performing individuals that can learn and contribute to these container and virtualization solutions. In addition, Wind River Cloud team is a leading contributor to the Open Source StarlingX cloud native project, to manage and maintain the critical infrastructure for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, Industrial Automation, and Augmented Reality. Wind River contributes and builds upon the work within StarlingX to ensure it meets the demands of these critical applications.
The right candidate will possess proven software engineering skills. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic environment. You are comfortable managing competing priorities and can bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, impeccable judgment, and the ability to influence and lead are essential to success in this role.
- Lead and develop platform features with high-quality design and code.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open-source software projects today – Kubernetes (K8S), Ansible, Puppet, helm etc.
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization and fault tolerant/carrier grade development.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open-source project under the Open Infrastructure Foundation - a fully featured cloud infrastructure software stack for the edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
ABOUT YOU Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- 10+ years of professional experience in building infrastructure software for highly scalable and distributed systems.
- Experience with low-level software development.
- Track record of building and delivering mission-critical, 24x7 production software systems.
- Expertise in Advance python, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet
- Good understanding of Golang and SQL.
- Contribution to the open-source community.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 10+ years of professional software development experience.
- 8+ years of programming experience with Python.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.