Field Applications Engineer - Aerospace & Defense
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Interface & Collaboration
Working with the leading provider of integrated embedded software solutions, you will work with the some of the most talented engineers in the Aerospace & Defense industry to draft technical solutions to challenging problems. You will work closely with a Wind River Account Manager and strive to become the trusted technical advisor of our customers by understanding their technical and business needs and addressing them through Wind River’s products and services.
- Develop and deliver technical product presentations and demonstrations
- Architect technical solutions and present value proposition based on customer’s needs
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor to customers
- Work with Account Manager on account plans and territory development
- Provide consistent market feedback to product management / marketing
- Support trade shows and seminars
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- This position requires strong embedded software engineering experience
- Ability to understand customer problems
- Ability to white board and present technical solutions using our product offerings and services
- Understanding modern concepts around DevOps, Open Architecture, Multicore Processors, etc., is expected.
- Some amount of travel will be required
- BSCS or BSEE is required
- 5+ years of embedded software development or solutions architecting
- Technical expertise in the following areas:
- Strong experience with C/C++
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of board support packages (BSP) and devices driver development
- Familiarity with other languages such as Java/Python/Rust/Perl is a plus
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals & network security is a plus
- Embedded software development and system architecture experience (e.g. RTOS, Linux, etc.)
- Familiarity with safety and security standards (e.g. DO-178B, IEC61508, Cybersecurity, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- Pet friendly environment
- Pet Insurance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Management Training
Wind River is an equal opportunity employer.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.